ZANTAC INJECTION PREMIXED Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Ranitidine (as HCl) 1mg/mL in sodium chloride 0.45%; IV infusion; preservative-free.
Indications for ZANTAC INJECTION PREMIXED:
Hospitalized patients with pathological hypersecretory conditions, intractable duodenal ulcer. Short-term alternative to oral therapy.
For slow IV drip only. >16yrs: Intermittent infusion: 50mg every 6–8hrs (infuse over 15–20min); usual max 400mg/day. Continuous IV infusion, or for Zollinger-Ellison: see literature. Renal impairment (CrCl<50mL/min): 50mg every 18–24hrs or more often if needed (intermittent only). Coincide a dose for end of hemodialysis.
<1month: not recommended. ≥1month–16yrs: Treatment of duodenal ulcer: 2–4mg/kg per day in divided doses every 6–8hrs; max 50mg every 6–8hrs.
History of acute porphyria: not recommended. Renal impairment: reduce dose. Hepatic dysfunction. Discontinue if hepatic disorders occur. Monitor SGPT if on high-dose IV therapy for ≥5 days. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
May increase triazolam, midazolam, glipizide, procainamide levels. May decrease ketoconazole, atazanavir, delaviridine, gefitnib levels. Monitor anticoagulants. May cause false (+) urine protein test with Multistix.
Headache, GI disturbances, jaundice, hepatitis, rash; rare: CNS disturbances, arrhythmias, blurred vision, arthralgia, myalgia, inj site reactions, blood dyscrasias, anaphylaxis, angioneurotic edema, acute interstitial nephritis, bradycardia with rapid administration (IV); increased risk of pneumonia (see literature).
Tabs 150mg—60, 180, 500; 300mg—30; EFFERdose tabs—60; Syrup—pt; Inj single dose 2mL—10; Multidose 6mL—1; Premixed 50mL—24
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Continuing Research, Emerging Treatments Hold Promise for Treating Anorexia Nervosa
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- Purpose, Questions of Social Interaction Lead Physicians to Delay Retirement
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Is Antidepressant Use in Pregnancy Tied to Psychiatric Disorders in Offspring?
- SSRI Use Associated With Increased Type 2 Diabetes Risk in Young Adults
- Improved Patient-Provider Communication Needed Following Urgent Care Visits
- Cardiovascular Risk Management May Slow Neurocognitive Decline in HIV
- Maintenance rTMS for Treatment-Resistant Depression
- New Study Compares Opioid Dependence Relapse Treatments