Generic Name and Formulations:
Yellow fever vaccine live; for SC inj; contains sorbitol, gelatin; preservative-free;.
Sanofi Pasteur, Inc.
Indications for YF-VAX:
Yellow fever immunization.
Adults and Children:
Give at least 10 days before expected exposure; may repeat every 10yrs. <9 months: not recommended. ≥9 months: 0.5mL SC.
Infants <9 months of age. Severe egg allergy (consider skin test and desensitization; see literature). Immunodeficiency or risk of immunosuppression (eg, systemic corticosteroid therapy, chemotherapy, radiation). Thymic dysfunction.
Latex allergy. Have epinephrine (1:1000) available. Elderly (increased risk of systemic events; evaluate prior to, and monitor for at least 10 days after, vaccination). Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Concomitant vaccines: see literature.
Yellow fever vaccine.
Injection site reactions, rash, headache, malaise, myalgia, fever; rare neurotropic or viscerotropic disease.
Available only to Yellow Fever Vaccination Centers.
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- No Evidence of Personality Changes Prior to Developing Cognitive Impairment, Dementia
- Retirement Saving Behavior Associated With Psychological Distress
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Physicians Spend Nearly 6 Hours on EHR Tasks Per Day
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Cardiovascular Risk Management May Slow Neurocognitive Decline in HIV
- Maintenance rTMS for Treatment-Resistant Depression
- New Study Compares Opioid Dependence Relapse Treatments
- Increase Use of Nursing Home for Patients With Cognitive Impairment Category
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder