Generic Name and Formulations:
Yellow fever vaccine live; for SC inj; contains sorbitol, gelatin; preservative-free;.
Sanofi Pasteur, Inc.
Indications for YF-VAX:
Yellow fever immunization.
Adults and Children:
Give at least 10 days before expected exposure; may repeat every 10yrs. <9 months: not recommended. ≥9 months: 0.5mL SC.
Infants <9 months of age. Severe egg allergy (consider skin test and desensitization; see literature). Immunodeficiency or risk of immunosuppression (eg, systemic corticosteroid therapy, chemotherapy, radiation). Thymic dysfunction.
Latex allergy. Have epinephrine (1:1000) available. Elderly (increased risk of systemic events; evaluate prior to, and monitor for at least 10 days after, vaccination). Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Yellow fever vaccine.
Concomitant vaccines: see literature.
Injection site reactions, rash, headache, malaise, myalgia, fever; rare neurotropic or viscerotropic disease.
Available only to Yellow Fever Vaccination Centers.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Nomophobia: The Modern-Day Pathology
- Emerging Theories in the Pathophysiology of MDD: Could the Opioid System Be Involved?
- Combination Cognitive Behavioral Therapy With Fluoxetine Effective for Adolescent Depression
- Transdermal Nicotine Boosts Mood and Cognitive Function in Late-Life Depression
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder Increasing Among US Children and Adolescents
- Suicide Attempt Risk Among LGB Populations Higher Than Previously Estimated
- Residents Should Take Advantage of Paid Time Off
- Outpatient Engagement May Lower Suicide Attempts in Patients With Fibromyalgia
- Prevalence of Alzheimer Disease, Related Dementia Set to Double
- Forms of Childhood Adversity Related to First-Episode Psychosis Outcomes