Generic Name and Formulations:
Ipilimumab 5mg/mL; soln for IV infusion; preservative-free.
Indications for YERVOY:
Treatment of unresectable or metastatic melanoma in patients ≥12yrs. Adjuvant treatment of cutaneous melanoma in patients with pathologic involvement of regional lymph nodes >1mm who have undergone complete resection, including total lymphadenectomy.
Give by IV infusion over 90 mins. Unresectable, metastatic: 3mg/kg every 3 weeks for a maximum of 4 doses; may delay doses if toxicity occurs, but all treatment must be given within 16 weeks of the first dose. Adjuvant: 10mg/kg every 3 weeks for 4 doses, followed by 10mg/kg every 12 weeks for up to 3 years; may omit doses if toxicity occurs. Dose modifications: see full labeling.
Severe and fatal immune-mediated adverse reactions can develop. Permanently discontinue therapy and initiate systemic high-dose corticosteroids for severe, persistent, or recurring immune-mediated reactions. Withhold dose for moderate immune-mediated adverse reactions until return to baseline, improvement to mild severity, or complete resolution, and patient is receiving <7.5mg prednisone or equivalent per day. Monitor for enterocolitis, hepatitis, dermatitis, neuropathy, endocrinopathy, and others including ocular manifestations; perform clinical chemistries including LFTs, ACTH levels, and thyroid tests at baseline and before each dose. Moderate or severe hepatic impairment. Embryo-fetal toxicity. Females of reproductive potential should use effective contraception during and for 3 months after final dose. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers: not recommended (during and for 3 months after final dose).
Cytotoxic T-lymphocyte antigen 4 (CTLA-4)-blocking antibody.
Fatigue, diarrhea, pruritus, rash, colitis, headache, weight loss, nausea, pyrexia, decreased appetite, vomiting, insomnia; immune-mediated reactions.
To enroll pregnant patients in the Pregnancy Safety Surveillance Study, call (844) 593-7869.
Single-use vial (50mg, 200mg)—1
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Continuing Research, Emerging Treatments Hold Promise for Treating Anorexia Nervosa
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- Purpose, Questions of Social Interaction Lead Physicians to Delay Retirement
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Is Antidepressant Use in Pregnancy Tied to Psychiatric Disorders in Offspring?
- Cardiovascular Risk Management May Slow Neurocognitive Decline in HIV
- Maintenance rTMS for Treatment-Resistant Depression
- New Study Compares Opioid Dependence Relapse Treatments
- Increase Use of Nursing Home for Patients With Cognitive Impairment Category
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder