Generic Name and Formulations:
Uridine triacetate 2g; oral granules (95% w/w); per pkt; orange-flavored.
Wellstat Therapeutics Corp.
Indications for XURIDEN:
Replacement therapy for hereditary orotic aciduria.
Adults and Children:
Mix in 3–4oz of applesauce, pudding or yogurt. Swallow mixture immediately; do not chew granules. Drink at least 4oz of water. Also: can be mixed with milk or infant formula for up to 2g (¾ tsp) dose. Initially 60mg/kg once daily. Increase to 120mg/kg once daily for insufficient efficacy; max 8g/day. Weight-based dosing: see full labeling.
Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Differences in Efficacy and Tolerability of ADHD Medications Across Age Groups
- Associations Between Hypovitaminosis D and Poorer Outcomes in Schizophrenia
- Oxycontin's Maker Now Selling Drug to Curb Opioid Addiction
- Comorbid Narcolepsy and Schizophrenia in Adolescents
- Ketamine in Electroconvulsive Therapy Accelerates Antidepressive Effects
- Quetiapine Exposure Does Not Appear to Increase Risk for Infant Malformations
- Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors May Increase Risk for Suboptimal Fetal Growth
- Transdermal Nicotine Boosts Mood and Cognitive Function in Late-Life Depression
- Ketamine Infusions Reduce Suicidal Ideation in Depression: Characterizing Different Responses
- Prenatal Insecticide Exposure in Mother May Be Linked to Risk for Autism in Children