Generic Name and Formulations:
Ketoconazole 2%; topical gel (anhydrous).
Indications for XOLEGEL:
Topical treatment of seborrheic dermatitis in immunocompetent patients.
Apply a thin layer to affected area(s) once daily for 2 weeks. Wash hands before and after use. Do not wash treated areas for at least 3 hours after application. Wait at least 20 mins before applying cosmetics, sunscreen, etc.
Avoid eyes, lips, mucous membranes. If irritation occurs or if disease worsens, then the use of the medication should be discontinued. Product is flammable (avoid open flames, smoking while applying). Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Application site burning, headache.
Gel—45g; Xolegel Duo—1 kit (15g gel + 4oz Xolex shampoo [zinc pyrithione 1%]); or (15g gel + 1.7oz Head & Shoulders shampoo [zinc pyrithione 1%])
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Nomophobia: The Modern-Day Pathology
- Emerging Theories in the Pathophysiology of MDD: Could the Opioid System Be Involved?
- Combination Cognitive Behavioral Therapy With Fluoxetine Effective for Adolescent Depression
- Transdermal Nicotine Boosts Mood and Cognitive Function in Late-Life Depression
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder Increasing Among US Children and Adolescents
- Suicide Attempt Risk Among LGB Populations Higher Than Previously Estimated
- Residents Should Take Advantage of Paid Time Off
- Outpatient Engagement May Lower Suicide Attempts in Patients With Fibromyalgia
- Prevalence of Alzheimer Disease, Related Dementia Set to Double
- Forms of Childhood Adversity Related to First-Episode Psychosis Outcomes