Generic Name and Formulations:
Hydrocodone bitartrate, acetaminophen; 5mg/300mg, 7.5mg/300mg, 10mg/300mg; scored tabs.
Indications for XODOL:
Moderate to moderately severe pain.
5mg/300mg: 1–2 tabs every 4–6 hrs as needed. 7.5mg/300mg, 10mg/300mg: 1 tab every 4–6 hrs as needed; max 6 tabs/24hrs.
Head injury. Increased intracranial pressure. CNS depression. Acute abdomen. Impaired renal, hepatic, thyroid, pulmonary, or adrenocortical function. GI or GU obstruction. Post-op use. Asthma. Drug abusers. Elderly. Debilitated. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Labor & delivery, nursing mothers: not recommended.
Potentiation with alcohol, CNS depressants (eg, narcotics, antihistamines, antipsychotics, anxiolytics), MAOIs, tricyclic antidepressants, anticholinergics (reduce dose of either or both drugs if used together).
Opioid + analgesic.
Lightheadedness, dizziness, sedation, other CNS effects, GI upset, constipation, pruritus, urinary retention, ototoxicity, CNS and respiratory depression; hepatotoxicity (overdosage).
Tabs 5/300, 10/300—100, 500; 7.5/300—100
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Triiodothyronine in the Treatment of Bipolar Depression
- Antidepressants Increase Seizure Risk in Youth and Severely Depressed
- Intranasal Oxytocin Reduces Negative Effects, Improves Cognitive Function in Schizophrenia
- E-Cigarettes Associated With More Harms Than Benefits at Population Level
- Examining Rates of Long-Term Opioid Use in Youth With Psychiatric Disorders
- Suicide-Screening Toolkit Can Help Identify Youths at High Risk for Suicide
- Researchers Identify Novel Potential Biomarkers for Autism
- Agoraphobia: An Evolving Understanding of Definitions and Treatment
- Parental Pressure to Diet Linked With Long-term Harm in Adolescents
- Does Access to Medical Cannabis Reduce Risk for Opioid Abuse?
- Supported Employment vs Transitional Work in Veterans With PTSD
- Comparing Pharmacologic Treatments for Prevention of Rehospitalization in BP
- Preliminary Evidence Suggests Suicidal Thinking Is Self-Reinforcing
- Lower Fluoxetine Efficacy in Elderly Patients With Major Depressive Disorder
- Personal Health Information Found in Recycling