Generic Name and Formulations:
Telotristat ethyl 250mg; tabs.
Indications for XERMELO:
In combination with somatostatin analog (SSA) therapy, to treat carcinoid syndrome diarrhea in adults inadequately controlled by SSA therapy.
Take with food. 250mg 3 times daily.
Monitor for constipation and/or severe, persistent, or worsening abdominal pain; discontinue if develops. ESRD requiring dialysis: not studied. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers: monitor infant for constipation.
May antagonize CYP3A4 substrates (eg, midazolam); monitor and consider increasing dose of concomitant substrates if necessary. Antagonized by short-acting octreotide; if concomitant use is necessary, give dose ≥30mins after Xermelo.
Tryptophan hydroxylase inhibitor.
Nausea, headache, increased GGT, depression, flatulence, decreased appetite, peripheral edema, pyrexia.
Monthly carton—4 x 7 daily dose packs
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Adjunctive Therapies for Bipolar Disorder Show Promise, Need More Evidence
- Improving Performance of Everyday Activities Is Critical in Schizophrenia
- Analysis Finds Lithium Maintenance Most Effective as Monotherapy in Bipolar Disorder
- Web-Based Intervention Targets Parental Behaviors That May Affect Adolescent Anxiety, Depression
- Abnormalities of Cortical Thickness in Bipolar Disorder With Auditory Hallucinations
- The Way to the Head May Be Through the Gut: Probiotics for Depression
- Suicide-Screening Toolkit Can Help Identify Youths at High Risk for Suicide
- Agoraphobia: An Evolving Understanding of Definitions and Treatment
- Parental Pressure to Diet Linked With Long-term Harm in Adolescents
- Does Access to Medical Cannabis Reduce Risk for Opioid Abuse?
- Antidepressants Increase Seizure Risk in Youth and Severely Depressed
- Examining Associations Between Diabetes and Effects on Cognition
- Untreated Depression Common in Women of Childbearing Age
- Incidence of Psychiatric Disorders in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Effect of Antidepressant Class, Dose on Pediatric Anxiety Disorders