Generic Name and Formulations:
Von Willebrand Factor/Factor VIII Complex (human); 500 IU VWF:RCo and 500 IU FVIII activities per 5mL; 1000 IU VWF:RCo and 1000 IU FVIII activities per 10mL; pwd for IV injection after reconstitution; preservative-free; solvent-detergent treated.
Indications for WILATE:
On-demand treatment and control of bleeding episodes in patients with von Willebrand disease (VWD). Perioperative management of bleeding in patients with VWD.
Limitations Of use:
Not for treatment of hemophilia A.
Adults and Children:
<5yrs: contact manufacturer. Give by IV injection at 2–4mL/min. ≥5yrs: Minor bleed: 20–40 IU/kg once, then 20–30 IU/kg every 12–24 hours as needed. Major bleed: 40–60 IU/kg once, then 20–40 IU/kg every 12–24 hours as needed. Surgery (give loading dose within 3hrs before); Minor: 30–60 IU/kg once, then 15–30 IU/kg every 12–24 hours; Major: 40–60 IU/kg once, then 20–40 IU/kg every 12–24 hours. Monitor and adjust according to VWF:RCo and FVIII activity, and location of bleed; usual treatment duration is 3 days (minor hemorrhage, minor surgery), 5–7 days (major hemorrhage), or ≥6 days (major surgery). See full labeling.
Treatment should be supervised by physician trained in coagulopathies. Risk of thrombotic events with sustained excessive FVIII levels; monitor. Ineffectiveness may indicate antibody formation; discontinue if confirmed. Risk of transmission of blood-borne diseases; consider vaccination against hepatitis A and B. Monitor pulse during injection; slow or stop infusion if marked increase in heart rate occurs. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Coagulation factor complex.
Urticaria, dizziness, hypersensitivity reactions; antibody formation.
Kit—1 (w. diluent, supplies)
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Continuing Research, Emerging Treatments Hold Promise for Treating Anorexia Nervosa
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- Purpose, Questions of Social Interaction Lead Physicians to Delay Retirement
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Is Antidepressant Use in Pregnancy Tied to Psychiatric Disorders in Offspring?
- Cardiovascular Risk Management May Slow Neurocognitive Decline in HIV
- Maintenance rTMS for Treatment-Resistant Depression
- New Study Compares Opioid Dependence Relapse Treatments
- Increase Use of Nursing Home for Patients With Cognitive Impairment Category
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder