Generic Name and Formulations:
Miconazole nitrate 0.25%, zinc oxide 15%, white petroleum 81.35%; oint.
Indications for VUSION:
Diaper dermatitis complicated by candidiasis.
<4 weeks: not recommended. ≥4 weeks: Cleanse affected area and pat dry. Apply thin layer at each diaper change for 7 days. Do not rub into skin or use >7 days.
Not for preventative use. Candidal infection should be documented before starting therapy. Immunocompromised. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Antifungal + skin protectant.
Irritation (discontinue if occurs or if disease worsens).
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Nomophobia: The Modern-Day Pathology
- Emerging Theories in the Pathophysiology of MDD: Could the Opioid System Be Involved?
- Transdermal Nicotine Boosts Mood and Cognitive Function in Late-Life Depression
- Combination Cognitive Behavioral Therapy With Fluoxetine Effective for Adolescent Depression
- Prazosin May Be Effective as Treatment for Alcohol Use Disorder
- Text Message Reminders Improve Medication Adherence in Bipolar I Disorder
- Improving Medication Adherence in ADHD Lowers Risk for Oppositional Defiant Disorder, Conduct Disorder in Adulthood
- High Suicidality Among Children With ADHD Mediated by Family Functioning, Psychiatry Comorbidities
- Pilot Study Investigates Lithium vs Quetiapine for Bipolar Spectrum Disorder
- How Personalized Hospital Ratings May Drive Patient-Specific Care in the Digital Age