Generic Name and Formulations:
Miconazole nitrate 0.25%, zinc oxide 15%, white petroleum 81.35%; oint.
Indications for VUSION:
Diaper dermatitis complicated by candidiasis.
<4 weeks: not recommended. ≥4 weeks: Cleanse affected area and pat dry. Apply thin layer at each diaper change for 7 days. Do not rub into skin or use >7 days.
Not for preventative use. Candidal infection should be documented before starting therapy. Immunocompromised. Pregnancy (Cat. C). Nursing mothers.
Antifungal + skin protectant.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Adjunctive Therapies for Bipolar Disorder Show Promise, Need More Evidence
- Improving Performance of Everyday Activities Is Critical in Schizophrenia
- Analysis Finds Lithium Maintenance Most Effective as Monotherapy in Bipolar Disorder
- Web-Based Intervention Targets Parental Behaviors That May Affect Adolescent Anxiety, Depression
- Abnormalities of Cortical Thickness in Bipolar Disorder With Auditory Hallucinations
- The Way to the Head May Be Through the Gut: Probiotics for Depression
- Suicide-Screening Toolkit Can Help Identify Youths at High Risk for Suicide
- Agoraphobia: An Evolving Understanding of Definitions and Treatment
- Parental Pressure to Diet Linked With Long-term Harm in Adolescents
- Does Access to Medical Cannabis Reduce Risk for Opioid Abuse?
- Antidepressants Increase Seizure Risk in Youth and Severely Depressed
- Examining Associations Between Diabetes and Effects on Cognition
- Untreated Depression Common in Women of Childbearing Age
- Incidence of Psychiatric Disorders in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Effect of Antidepressant Class, Dose on Pediatric Anxiety Disorders