Generic Name and Formulations:
Miconazole nitrate 0.25%, zinc oxide 15%, white petroleum 81.35%; oint.
Indications for VUSION:
Diaper dermatitis complicated by candidiasis.
<4 weeks: not recommended. ≥4 weeks: Cleanse affected area and pat dry. Apply thin layer at each diaper change for 7 days. Do not rub into skin or use >7 days.
Not for preventative use. Candidal infection should be documented before starting therapy. Immunocompromised. Pregnancy (Cat. C). Nursing mothers.
Antifungal + skin protectant.
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Continuing Research, Emerging Treatments Hold Promise for Treating Anorexia Nervosa
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- Purpose, Questions of Social Interaction Lead Physicians to Delay Retirement
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Is Antidepressant Use in Pregnancy Tied to Psychiatric Disorders in Offspring?
- Cardiovascular Risk Management May Slow Neurocognitive Decline in HIV
- Maintenance rTMS for Treatment-Resistant Depression
- New Study Compares Opioid Dependence Relapse Treatments
- Increase Use of Nursing Home for Patients With Cognitive Impairment Category
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder