Generic Name and Formulations:
Velaglucerase alfa 400 Units/vial; lyophilized pwd for IV infusion after reconstitution; preservative-free.
Shire US, Inc.
Indications for VPRIV:
Long-term enzyme replacement therapy (ERT) in patients with Type 1 Gaucher disease.
Adults and Children:
<4yrs: not established. Give by IV infusion over 60 minutes. Individualize. ≥4yrs: 60 Units/kg every other week; adjust dose based on therapeutic goals. Begin treatment with Vpriv at the same dose when switching from imiglucerase.
Monitor for hypersensitivity reactions; immediately discontinue and treat appropriately if occur. Temporarily discontinue and resume with increased infusion time, slowing infusion rate, or administer antihistamines, antipyretics, and/or corticosteroids if infusion-related reactions occur. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
Lysosomal glucocerebroside-specific enzyme.
Infusion-related reactions, headache, dizziness, abdominal pain, nausea, back pain, joint pain, upper respiratory tract infection, activated PTT prolonged, fatigue/asthenia, pyrexia.
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- No Evidence of Personality Changes Prior to Developing Cognitive Impairment, Dementia
- Retirement Saving Behavior Associated With Psychological Distress
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Physicians Spend Nearly 6 Hours on EHR Tasks Per Day
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Cardiovascular Risk Management May Slow Neurocognitive Decline in HIV
- Maintenance rTMS for Treatment-Resistant Depression
- New Study Compares Opioid Dependence Relapse Treatments
- Increase Use of Nursing Home for Patients With Cognitive Impairment Category
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder