Generic Name and Formulations:
Glucarpidase; 1,000 Units/vial; lyophilized pwd for IV inj after reconstitution; preservative-free.
Indications for VORAXAZE:
Treatment of toxic plasma methotrexate (MTX) concentrations (>1 micromole per liter) in patients with delayed MTX clearance due to impaired renal function.
Adults and Children:
<1 month: not recommended. ≥1 month: Give as bolus IV inj over 5 minutes. 50Units/kg as a single injection. Continue leucovorin therapy until the MTX concentration is below the leucovorin treatment threshold for at least 3 days. Do not administer leucovorin within 2hrs before or after a dose of glucarpidase. First 48hrs after glucarpidase: administer same leucovorin dose as given prior to glucarpidase. Beyond 48hrs after glucarpidase: give leucovorin dose based on the measured MTX concentration.
Not indicated for use in patients who exhibit the expected clearance of MTX (plasma MTX concentrations within 2 standard deviations of the mean MTX excretion curve specific for the dose of MTX administered) or those with normal or mildly impaired renal function. Monitor MTX concentrations only by chromatographic methods within 48hrs following administration. Continue hydration and alkalinization of urine as indicated. Pregnancy (Cat. C). Nursing mothers.
See Adults and children. Other exogenous substrates including reduced folates and folate antimetabolites may cause interference.
Paresthesia, flushing, nausea, vomiting, hypotension, headache; rare: allergic reactions, antibody formation.
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Anxiety Prevention Interventions: How Effective Are They?
- ADHD, Comorbid Bipolar Disorder Share Similar Neurocognitive Profiles
- Antidepressant Use and Dementia Risk in the Elderly
- Risk for Adverse Outcomes With Antidepressants in Dementia
- Chronic Alcohol Use Disorder Symptoms Occur Regardless of Social Status
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Physicians Spend Nearly 6 Hours on EHR Tasks Per Day
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Buprenorphine, Methadone Combined With CNS Depressants May Lead to SAEs
- Vagus Nerve Stimulation in HIV-Associated Depression
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- Purpose, Questions of Social Interaction Lead Physicians to Delay Retirement
- Retirement Saving Behavior Associated With Psychological Distress