Generic Name and Formulations:
Von Willebrand Factor (recombinant); 650 IU VWF:RCo, 1300 IU VWF:RCo; per vial; lyophilized pwd for IV inj after reconstitution; preservative-free.
Indications for VONVENDI:
On-demand treatment and control of bleeding episodes in adults with von Willebrand disease (VWD).
Give recombinant factor VIII (FVIII) with first infusion if baseline plasma FVIII level <40% or is unknown (see full labeling). ≥18yrs: Minor bleed: initially 40–50 IU/kg, then every 8–24 hours as needed. Major bleed: initially 50–80 IU/kg, then 40–60 IU/kg every 8–24 hours for 2–3 days as needed. Monitor and adjust according to extent and location of bleed. Max infusion rate: 4mL/min.
<18yrs: not established.
Hypersensitivity to hamster or mouse proteins.
Treatment should be supervised by physician. Risk of thrombotic events in patients with known risk factors or an excessive rise in FVIII levels; monitor. Discontinue immediately if severe allergic reactions occur. Ineffectiveness may indicate antibody formation; monitor and consider alternative therapy. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Generalized pruritus; antibody formation.
Single-use vials—1 (w. diluent, supplies)
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Continuing Research, Emerging Treatments Hold Promise for Treating Anorexia Nervosa
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- Purpose, Questions of Social Interaction Lead Physicians to Delay Retirement
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Is Antidepressant Use in Pregnancy Tied to Psychiatric Disorders in Offspring?
- Cardiovascular Risk Management May Slow Neurocognitive Decline in HIV
- Maintenance rTMS for Treatment-Resistant Depression
- New Study Compares Opioid Dependence Relapse Treatments
- Increase Use of Nursing Home for Patients With Cognitive Impairment Category
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder