Generic Name and Formulations:
Von Willebrand Factor (recombinant); 650 IU VWF:RCo, 1300 IU VWF:RCo; per vial; lyophilized pwd for IV inj after reconstitution; preservative-free; contains polysorbate 80.
Shire US, Inc.
Indications for VONVENDI:
On-demand treatment and control of bleeding episodes in adults with von Willebrand disease (VWD). Perioperative management of bleeding in patients with VWD.
Max infusion rate: 4mL/min. ≥18yrs: Bleeding: give recombinant factor VIII (FVIII) with first infusion if baseline plasma FVIII level <40% or is unknown (see full labeling). Individualize; monitor and adjust according to extent and location of bleed. Minor: initially 40–50 IU/kg, then every 8–24hrs as needed. Major: initially 50–80 IU/kg, then 40–60 IU/kg every 8–24hrs for 2–3 days as needed. Surgery: see full labeling.
<18yrs: not established.
Hypersensitivity to hamster or mouse proteins.
Treatment should be supervised by physician. Risk of thromboembolic events in patients with known risk factors or an excessive rise in FVIII levels; monitor, give prophylaxis if clinically indicated. Discontinue immediately if severe allergic reactions occur. Monitor plasma VWF:RCo, FVIII, and inhibitors to VWF and/or FVIII (if suspected). Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Generalized pruritus, nausea, dizziness; thromboembolic events, antibody formation (consider alternatives).
Single-use vials—1 (w. diluent, supplies)
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Differences in Efficacy and Tolerability of ADHD Medications Across Age Groups
- Rapid Cycling Bipolar Disorder Associated With ADHD and Female Gender
- Associations Between Hypovitaminosis D and Poorer Outcomes in Schizophrenia
- Oxycontin's Maker Now Selling Drug to Curb Opioid Addiction
- Symptom Trajectories Vary According to Language Development in Autism
- Quetiapine Exposure Does Not Appear to Increase Risk for Infant Malformations
- Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors May Increase Risk for Suboptimal Fetal Growth
- Transdermal Nicotine Boosts Mood and Cognitive Function in Late-Life Depression
- Ketamine Infusions Reduce Suicidal Ideation in Depression: Characterizing Different Responses
- Prenatal Insecticide Exposure in Mother May Be Linked to Risk for Autism in Children