VOLTAREN OPH SOLN Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Diclofenac sodium 0.1%.
Indications for VOLTAREN OPH SOLN:
Post-op inflammation after cataract extraction. Photophobia and pain in corneal refractive surgery.
Cataract surgery: 1 drop 4 times daily beginning 24 hrs post-op for 2 weeks. Corneal refractive surgery: 1–2 drops within the hour prior to surgery, then within 15 minutes post-op, then 4 times daily for up to 3 days.
Bleeding tendencies. Complicated or repeat ocular surguries. Corneal defects/denervation. Ocular surface diseases. Rheumatoid arthritis. Diabetes. May delay wound healing. Monitor cornea; discontinue if corneal epithelial breakdown occurs. Should not be used by patients currently wearing soft contact lenses. Monitor refractive stability for 1 year. Pregnancy (Cat.C); avoid during late pregnancy. Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Caution with medications that prolong bleeding time. Concomitant use of topical steroids may increase potential for healing problems.
Burning, stinging, dry eye, other ocular effects, increased bleeding (including hyphemas).
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Continuing Research, Emerging Treatments Hold Promise for Treating Anorexia Nervosa
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- Purpose, Questions of Social Interaction Lead Physicians to Delay Retirement
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Is Antidepressant Use in Pregnancy Tied to Psychiatric Disorders in Offspring?
- Cardiovascular Risk Management May Slow Neurocognitive Decline in HIV
- Maintenance rTMS for Treatment-Resistant Depression
- New Study Compares Opioid Dependence Relapse Treatments
- Increase Use of Nursing Home for Patients With Cognitive Impairment Category
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder