Generic Name and Formulations:
Oral typhoid vaccine live, attenuated strain Ty21a; e-c caps.
Indications for VIVOTIF:
Immunization against typhoid fever.
Adults and Children:
Do not crush or chew. Give 1 hour before a meal with cold or lukewarm (not >body temp) drink. Complete therapy at least 1 week before expected exposure; may repeat every 5yrs. <6yrs: not recommended. ≥6yrs: 1 cap every other day for a total of 4 doses.
Acute febrile or GI illness. Immunocompromised states. Concomitant antibiotics (suboptimal response).
Defer in active infection, fever, persistent diarrhea, or vomiting. Exposure to contaminated food and water should be avoided. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Nausea, abdominal cramps, vomiting, rash, urticaria (all infrequent and transient).
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Continuing Research, Emerging Treatments Hold Promise for Treating Anorexia Nervosa
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- Purpose, Questions of Social Interaction Lead Physicians to Delay Retirement
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Is Antidepressant Use in Pregnancy Tied to Psychiatric Disorders in Offspring?
- Cardiovascular Risk Management May Slow Neurocognitive Decline in HIV
- Maintenance rTMS for Treatment-Resistant Depression
- New Study Compares Opioid Dependence Relapse Treatments
- Increase Use of Nursing Home for Patients With Cognitive Impairment Category
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder