VITAL HN OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Protein (partially hydrolyzed whey, meat and soy proteins), carbohydrate (corn maltodextrin, sucrose, lactose), fat (MCT, safflower oil), vitamins, minerals; low lactose, residue; vanilla flavor; gluten-free; lactose <0.25g/packet.
Indications for VITAL HN:
Supplemental or sole-source feeding for patients with chronically impaired GI function (eg, maldigestion, malabsorption, inflammatory bowel disease, pancreatitis, radiation enteritis).
Adults and Children:
Provides 300Cal/300mL (1000Cal/L). May give orally or via feeding-tube.
Peptide-based elemental medical nutritional supplement.
Pwd packets—6 (79g/packet)
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Adjunctive Therapies for Bipolar Disorder Show Promise, Need More Evidence
- Improving Performance of Everyday Activities Is Critical in Schizophrenia
- Analysis Finds Lithium Maintenance Most Effective as Monotherapy in Bipolar Disorder
- Web-Based Intervention Targets Parental Behaviors That May Affect Adolescent Anxiety, Depression
- Abnormalities of Cortical Thickness in Bipolar Disorder With Auditory Hallucinations
- The Way to the Head May Be Through the Gut: Probiotics for Depression
- Suicide-Screening Toolkit Can Help Identify Youths at High Risk for Suicide
- Agoraphobia: An Evolving Understanding of Definitions and Treatment
- Parental Pressure to Diet Linked With Long-term Harm in Adolescents
- Does Access to Medical Cannabis Reduce Risk for Opioid Abuse?
- Antidepressants Increase Seizure Risk in Youth and Severely Depressed
- Examining Associations Between Diabetes and Effects on Cognition
- Untreated Depression Common in Women of Childbearing Age
- Incidence of Psychiatric Disorders in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Effect of Antidepressant Class, Dose on Pediatric Anxiety Disorders