Generic Name and Formulations:
Uridine triacetate 10g; oral granules (95% w/w); per pkt; orange-flavored.
Wellstat Therapeutics Corp.
Indications for VISTOGARD:
Emergency treatment following a fluorouracil (5-FU) or capecitabine overdose regardless of the presence of symptoms or exhibits early-onset, severe or life-threatening toxicity affecting the cardiac or central nervous system, and/or early-onset, unusually severe adverse reactions within 96hrs following the end of 5-FU or capecitabine administration.
Limitations Of use:
Not for non-emergent treatment of adverse reactions associated with 5-FU or capecitabine. Safety and efficacy not been established for initiation >96hrs after 5-FU or capecitabine therapy.
10g (1pkt) every 6hrs for 20 doses. Mix in 3–4oz of applesauce, pudding or yogurt and ingest within 30mins; do not chew granules. Drink at least 4oz of water. Also: can give via NG tube or G-tube if necessary: see full labeling.
Base dose on body surface area; see full labeling. 6.2g/m2 (max 10g) per dose every 6hrs for 20 doses. Mix in 3–4oz of applesauce, pudding or yogurt and ingest within 30mins; do not chew granules. Drink at least 4oz of water. Also: can give via NG tube or G-tube if necessary: see full labeling.
Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Vomiting, nausea, diarrhea.
Single-use packets—4, 20
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Adjunctive Therapies for Bipolar Disorder Show Promise, Need More Evidence
- Improving Performance of Everyday Activities Is Critical in Schizophrenia
- Predicting Treatment-Emergent Mania to Tailor Pharmacotherapy in Bipolar Disorder
- Analysis Finds Lithium Maintenance Most Effective as Monotherapy in Bipolar Disorder
- Web-Based Intervention Targets Parental Behaviors That May Affect Adolescent Anxiety, Depression
- The Way to the Head May Be Through the Gut: Probiotics for Depression
- Suicide-Screening Toolkit Can Help Identify Youths at High Risk for Suicide
- Agoraphobia: An Evolving Understanding of Definitions and Treatment
- Parental Pressure to Diet Linked With Long-term Harm in Adolescents
- Does Access to Medical Cannabis Reduce Risk for Opioid Abuse?
- Examining Rates of Long-term Opioid Use in Youth With Psychiatric Disorders
- Mortality Rates for Substance Use Disorders, Intentional Injuries Vary Widely By Country
- Facial Emotion Recognition Differentiates Behavioral Variant Frontotemporal Dementia From MDD
- The Challenge of Helping Uninsured Patients While Protecting Practice Finances
- Antidepressants Increase Seizure Risk in Youth and Severely Depressed