VISIPAQUE 270 Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Iodixanol 550mg/mL; soln for inj; contains sodium 1.87mg/mL, organically bound iodine 270mg/mL; preservative-free.
Indications for VISIPAQUE 270:
Intra-arterial: Digital subtraction angiography. IV: CECT imaging of the head and body, excretory urography, and peripheral venography.
Usual single doses: Intra-arterial digital subtraction angiography: Renal arteries: 10–25mL; Aortography: 20–50mL; Major branches of aorta: 5–30mL; max 250mL. IV: CECT of head or body: 75–150mL bolus or 100–150mL infusion; max 150mL. Excretory urography (normal renal function): 1mL/kg; max 100mL. Venography (per lower extremity): 50–150mL; max 250mL.
<1yr: not recommended. ≥1yr: IV CECT or excretory urography: 1–2mL/kg; max 2mL/kg.
Intrathecal use. Children: Prolonged fasting and laxative administration before Visipaque injection.
Should be administered by professional trained in use of radiopaque agents in appropriate facilities with emergency treatment readily available. Homocystinuria: avoid. Severe renal impairment. Combined renal and hepatic disease. Combined renal and cardiac disease. CHF. Diabetes. Severe thyrotoxicosis. Myelomatosis. Anuria. Pheochromocytoma. Homozygous sickle cell disease. Immune deficiency disorder. Maintain adequate hydration. Avoid extravasation. Children: asthma, cyanotic and acyanotic heart disease, CHF, serum creatinine >1.5mg/dL, immature renal function, dehydration: increased risk of adverse effects. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Radiographic contrast medium.
Recently received cholecystographic agents in patients with hepatic or biliary disorder; increased risk of renal toxicity. Do not mix with other drugs. Radioactive iodine uptake studies may not accurately reflect thyroid function for up to 16 days.
Rash, erythema, pruritus, scotoma; thromboembolic events, hypersensitivity reactions, others.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Differences in Efficacy and Tolerability of ADHD Medications Across Age Groups
- Rapid Cycling Bipolar Disorder Associated With ADHD and Female Gender
- Associations Between Hypovitaminosis D and Poorer Outcomes in Schizophrenia
- Oxycontin's Maker Now Selling Drug to Curb Opioid Addiction
- Symptom Trajectories Vary According to Language Development in Autism
- Quetiapine Exposure Does Not Appear to Increase Risk for Infant Malformations
- Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors May Increase Risk for Suboptimal Fetal Growth
- Transdermal Nicotine Boosts Mood and Cognitive Function in Late-Life Depression
- Ketamine Infusions Reduce Suicidal Ideation in Depression: Characterizing Different Responses
- Prenatal Insecticide Exposure in Mother May Be Linked to Risk for Autism in Children