VISIPAQUE 270 Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Iodixanol 550mg/mL; soln for inj; contains sodium 1.87mg/mL, organically bound iodine 270mg/mL; preservative-free.
Indications for VISIPAQUE 270:
Intra-arterial: Digital subtraction angiography. IV: CECT imaging of the head and body, excretory urography, and peripheral venography.
Usual single doses: Intra-arterial digital subtraction angiography: Renal arteries: 10–25mL; Aortography: 20–50mL; Major branches of aorta: 5–30mL; max 250mL. IV: CECT of head or body: 75–150mL bolus or 100–150mL infusion; max 150mL. Excretory urography (normal renal function): 1mL/kg; max 100mL. Venography (per lower extremity): 50–150mL; max 250mL.
<1yr: not recommended. ≥1yr: IV CECT or excretory urography: 1–2mL/kg; max 2mL/kg.
Intrathecal use. Children: Prolonged fasting and laxative administration before Visipaque injection.
Should be administered by professional trained in use of radiopaque agents in appropriate facilities with emergency treatment readily available. Homocystinuria: avoid. Severe renal impairment. Combined renal and hepatic disease. Combined renal and cardiac disease. CHF. Diabetes. Severe thyrotoxicosis. Myelomatosis. Anuria. Pheochromocytoma. Homozygous sickle cell disease. Immune deficiency disorder. Maintain adequate hydration. Avoid extravasation. Children: asthma, cyanotic and acyanotic heart disease, CHF, serum creatinine >1.5mg/dL, immature renal function, dehydration: increased risk of adverse effects. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Recently received cholecystographic agents in patients with hepatic or biliary disorder; increased risk of renal toxicity. Do not mix with other drugs. Radioactive iodine uptake studies may not accurately reflect thyroid function for up to 16 days.
Radiographic contrast medium.
Rash, erythema, pruritus, scotoma; thromboembolic events, hypersensitivity reactions, others.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Adjunctive Therapies for Bipolar Disorder Show Promise, Need More Evidence
- Predicting Treatment-Emergent Mania to Tailor Pharmacotherapy in Bipolar Disorder
- Abnormalities of Cortical Thickness in Bipolar Disorder With Auditory Hallucinations
- Prevalence of ADHD Relatively Stable Over Time Despite Increase in Diagnoses
- Prevalence of Major Depressive Disorder Remains High In US Population
- The Way to the Head May Be Through the Gut: Probiotics for Depression
- Suicide-Screening Toolkit Can Help Identify Youths at High Risk for Suicide
- Agoraphobia: An Evolving Understanding of Definitions and Treatment
- Parental Pressure to Diet Linked With Long-term Harm in Adolescents
- Does Access to Medical Cannabis Reduce Risk for Opioid Abuse?
- Evidence of Methylphenidate Abuse: Characterizing Patterns of Use in Pediatric and Adult Populations
- Intranasal Oxytocin Reduces Negative Effects, Improves Cognitive Function in Schizophrenia
- Most Patients Comfortable With Clinicians Asking About Sexual Orientation
- Peer-to-Peer Depression Awareness Program May Be Beneficial
- Examining Rates of Long-term Opioid Use in Youth With Psychiatric Disorders