Generic Name and Formulations:
Calcium, elemental (as carbonate) 500mg, Vit. D 500Units, Vit. K 40mcg; soft chews; caramel and milk chocolate flavors.
McNeil Consumer Healthcare
Indications for VIACTIV:
Adults and Children:
<4yrs: not recommended. ≥4yrs: chew one piece up to 3 times daily.
Blocks tetracycline absorption. Absorption decreased by corticosteroids, foods such as rhubarb, spinach, bran. May inhibit iron absorption (separate dosing). Monitor oral anticoagulants.
Chews—60, 100; Flavor glides—60, 110
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Nomophobia: The Modern-Day Pathology
- Emerging Theories in the Pathophysiology of MDD: Could the Opioid System Be Involved?
- Transdermal Nicotine Boosts Mood and Cognitive Function in Late-Life Depression
- Combination Cognitive Behavioral Therapy With Fluoxetine Effective for Adolescent Depression
- Prazosin May Be Effective as Treatment for Alcohol Use Disorder
- Text Message Reminders Improve Medication Adherence in Bipolar I Disorder
- Improving Medication Adherence in ADHD Lowers Risk for Oppositional Defiant Disorder, Conduct Disorder in Adulthood
- High Suicidality Among Children With ADHD Mediated by Family Functioning, Psychiatry Comorbidities
- Pilot Study Investigates Lithium vs Quetiapine for Bipolar Spectrum Disorder
- How Personalized Hospital Ratings May Drive Patient-Specific Care in the Digital Age