Generic Name and Formulations:
Sinecatechins 15%; oint.
Indications for VEREGEN:
External genital and perianal warts (Condylomata acuminata) in immunocompetent patients.
≥18yrs: Wash hands. Apply ointment to each wart 3 times daily for up to 16 weeks. Do not cover treated area.
<18yrs: not recommended.
Do not use on internal or mucous membrane warts or on broken skin. Caution with tampon insertion (avoid inadvertent internal application). Wash ointment off if severe reaction occurs. Avoid sexual contact with ointment on skin. Immunosuppressed. May stain fabrics. Avoid sun, UV light on treated area. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Concomitant use of condoms or diaphragm: not recommended (ointment may weaken rubber).
Local reactions (eg, erythema, erosion, edema, itching, burning), phimosis, inguinal lymphadenitis, urethral meatal stenosis, dysuria, rash, desquamation, bleeding, hypersensitivity, superinfection.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Adjunctive Therapies for Bipolar Disorder Show Promise, Need More Evidence
- Improving Performance of Everyday Activities Is Critical in Schizophrenia
- Analysis Finds Lithium Maintenance Most Effective as Monotherapy in Bipolar Disorder
- Web-Based Intervention Targets Parental Behaviors That May Affect Adolescent Anxiety, Depression
- Abnormalities of Cortical Thickness in Bipolar Disorder With Auditory Hallucinations
- The Way to the Head May Be Through the Gut: Probiotics for Depression
- Suicide-Screening Toolkit Can Help Identify Youths at High Risk for Suicide
- Agoraphobia: An Evolving Understanding of Definitions and Treatment
- Parental Pressure to Diet Linked With Long-term Harm in Adolescents
- Does Access to Medical Cannabis Reduce Risk for Opioid Abuse?
- Antidepressants Increase Seizure Risk in Youth and Severely Depressed
- Examining Associations Between Diabetes and Effects on Cognition
- Untreated Depression Common in Women of Childbearing Age
- Incidence of Psychiatric Disorders in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Effect of Antidepressant Class, Dose on Pediatric Anxiety Disorders