VECTICAL OINTMENT Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Calcitriol 3mcg/g; oint.
Galderma Laboratories, Inc.
Indications for VECTICAL OINTMENT:
Topical treatment of mild to moderate plaque psoriasis.
≥18yrs: Apply to affected areas of the body twice daily (AM & PM). The maximum weekly dose should not exceed 200g.
<18yrs: not recommended.
Discontinue if hypercalcemia occurs (until normocalcemia returns). Avoid applying to eyes, lips, or facial skin. Avoid excessive exposure to natural or artificial light (tanning booths, sun lamps). Consider limiting or avoiding use of phototherapy. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Vit. D3 derivative.
Caution with concomitant use of medications known to increase serum calcium (eg, thiazide diuretics), calcium supplements or high doses of vitamin D.
Hypercalcemia, lab test and urine abnormalities, psoriasis, hypercalciuria, pruritus.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Nomophobia: The Modern-Day Pathology
- Emerging Theories in the Pathophysiology of MDD: Could the Opioid System Be Involved?
- Combination Cognitive Behavioral Therapy With Fluoxetine Effective for Adolescent Depression
- Transdermal Nicotine Boosts Mood and Cognitive Function in Late-Life Depression
- Prazosin May Be Effective as Treatment for Alcohol Use Disorder
- Panel Recommends Earlier Body Weight Monitoring in Use of Mood Stabilizers
- Nondaily Cigarette Use Increasing Among Individuals With Mental Health, Substance Use Disorders
- Cesarean Delivery, Early Childhood Antibiotic Use Not Associated With Risk for ADHD
- Uncertainty as a Form of Violence: Current Immigration Policy and Crisis
- FDA Gets Tough on Juul, Other Electronic Cigarette Makers