VECTICAL OINTMENT Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Calcitriol 3mcg/g; oint.
Galderma Laboratories, Inc.
Indications for VECTICAL OINTMENT:
Topical treatment of mild to moderate plaque psoriasis.
≥18yrs: Apply to affected areas of the body twice daily (AM & PM). The maximum weekly dose should not exceed 200g.
<18yrs: not recommended.
Discontinue if hypercalcemia occurs (until normocalcemia returns). Avoid applying to eyes, lips, or facial skin. Avoid excessive exposure to natural or artificial light (tanning booths, sun lamps). Consider limiting or avoiding use of phototherapy. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Caution with concomitant use of medications known to increase serum calcium (eg, thiazide diuretics), calcium supplements or high doses of vitamin D.
Vit. D3 derivative.
Hypercalcemia, lab test and urine abnormalities, psoriasis, hypercalciuria, pruritus.
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- ADHD, Comorbid Bipolar Disorder Share Similar Neurocognitive Profiles
- Anxiety Prevention Interventions: How Effective Are They?
- Antidepressant Use and Dementia Risk in the Elderly
- No Evidence of Personality Changes Prior to Developing Cognitive Impairment, Dementia
- Sleep Apnea Implant Device Receives FDA Approval
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Physicians Spend Nearly 6 Hours on EHR Tasks Per Day
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Duration of Untreated Depression Predicts Depression Severity
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Cognitive Dysfunction a Sign of Prodromal Parkinson Disease
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Bipolar Depression Benefits From Midday Bright Light Therapy