Generic Name and Formulations:
Rolapitant 90mg; tabs.
Indications for VARUBI:
In combination with other antiemetic agents in adults for the prevention of delayed nausea and vomiting associated with initial and repeat courses of emetogenic cancer chemotherapy, including, but not limited to, highly emetogenic chemotherapy.
Give Varubi before starting each cycle, but at no less than 2 week intervals. ≥18yrs: Highly emetogenic cisplatin-based chemotherapy: 180mg approximately 1–2 hours prior to chemotherapy with dexamethasone 20mg PO/IV given 30 minutes prior to chemotherapy on Day 1, then dexamethasone 8mg PO/IV twice daily on Days 2–4 and a 5-HT3 receptor antagonist (see drug's full labeling for appropriate dosing) on Day 1. Moderately emetogenic chemotherapy and combinations of anthracycline and cyclophosphamide: 180mg approximately 1–2 hours prior to chemotherapy with dexamethasone 20mg PO/IV given 30 minutes prior to chemotherapy on Day 1 and a 5-HT3 receptor antagonist (see drug's full labeling for appropriate dosing) on Days 1– 4 (Note: NCCN guidelines do not require a 5-HT3 antagonist on Days 2–3).
<18yrs: not established.
Avoid in severe hepatic impairment; monitor if use cannot be avoided. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
See Contraindications. Increased risk of QT prolongation with concomitant pimozide; avoid. Avoid concomitant CYP2D6 or BCRP substrates with narrow therapeutic index (eg, dextromethorphan, methotrexate, topotecan, irinotecan); monitor if use cannot be avoided. Use lowest effective dose of rosuvastatin (see drug's full labeling for dosing). May potentiate digoxin, other P-gp substrates with narrow therapeutic index; monitor if use cannot be avoided. Antagonized by strong CYP3A4 inducers (eg, rifampin); avoid.
Substance P/NK1 receptor antagonist.
Neutropenia, hiccups, abdominal pain, decreased appetite, dizziness, dyspepsia, UTI, stomatitis, anemia.
Single dose pack—1 (2 x 90mg tab blisters)
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Continuing Research, Emerging Treatments Hold Promise for Treating Anorexia Nervosa
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- Purpose, Questions of Social Interaction Lead Physicians to Delay Retirement
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Is Antidepressant Use in Pregnancy Tied to Psychiatric Disorders in Offspring?
- Cardiovascular Risk Management May Slow Neurocognitive Decline in HIV
- Maintenance rTMS for Treatment-Resistant Depression
- New Study Compares Opioid Dependence Relapse Treatments
- Increase Use of Nursing Home for Patients With Cognitive Impairment Category
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder