Generic Name and Formulations:
Eflornithine HCl 13.9%; crm.
Indications for VANIQA:
Reduction of unwanted facial hair in women.
Apply a thin layer to affected areas of face and adjacent areas under the chin twice daily at least 8 hours apart; rub in thoroughly. Do not wash treated area for at least 4 hours. Continue to use hair removal techniques as needed. May apply cosmetics or sunscreens after cream dries.
Reduce frequency if irritation or intolerance develops; discontinue if irritation continues. Abraded or broken skin. Pregnancy (Cat.C): not recommended. Nursing mothers.
Hair growth retardant.
Acne, pseudofolliculitis barbae, stinging, headache, burning, dry skin, erythema, tingling, dyspepsia, irritation, rash, alopecia, dizziness.
Crm—30g, 60g (2x30g)
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Continuing Research, Emerging Treatments Hold Promise for Treating Anorexia Nervosa
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- Purpose, Questions of Social Interaction Lead Physicians to Delay Retirement
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Is Antidepressant Use in Pregnancy Tied to Psychiatric Disorders in Offspring?
- Cardiovascular Risk Management May Slow Neurocognitive Decline in HIV
- Maintenance rTMS for Treatment-Resistant Depression
- New Study Compares Opioid Dependence Relapse Treatments
- Increase Use of Nursing Home for Patients With Cognitive Impairment Category
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder