Generic Name and Formulations:
Eflornithine HCl 13.9%; crm.
Indications for VANIQA:
Reduction of unwanted facial hair in women.
Apply a thin layer to affected areas of face and adjacent areas under the chin twice daily at least 8 hours apart; rub in thoroughly. Do not wash treated area for at least 4 hours. Continue to use hair removal techniques as needed. May apply cosmetics or sunscreens after cream dries.
Reduce frequency if irritation or intolerance develops; discontinue if irritation continues. Abraded or broken skin. Pregnancy (Cat.C): not recommended. Nursing mothers.
Hair growth retardant.
Acne, pseudofolliculitis barbae, stinging, headache, burning, dry skin, erythema, tingling, dyspepsia, irritation, rash, alopecia, dizziness.
Crm—30g, 60g (2x30g)
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Nomophobia: The Modern-Day Pathology
- Transdermal Nicotine Boosts Mood and Cognitive Function in Late-Life Depression
- Emerging Theories in the Pathophysiology of MDD: Could the Opioid System Be Involved?
- Ketamine Infusions Reduce Suicidal Ideation in Depression: Characterizing Different Responses
- Combination Cognitive Behavioral Therapy With Fluoxetine Effective for Adolescent Depression
- Text Message Reminders Improve Medication Adherence in Bipolar I Disorder
- Improving Medication Adherence in ADHD Lowers Risk for Oppositional Defiant Disorder, Conduct Disorder in Adulthood
- High Suicidality Among Children With ADHD Mediated by Family Functioning, Psychiatry Comorbidities
- Pilot Study Investigates Lithium vs Quetiapine for Bipolar Spectrum Disorder
- How Personalized Hospital Ratings May Drive Patient-Specific Care in the Digital Age