Generic Name and Formulations:
Metronidazole 0.75%; vaginal gel; contains parabens.
Upsher-Smith Laboratories, Inc.
Indications for VANDAZOLE:
One applicatorful once daily at bedtime, or twice daily, for 5 days.
Pre-menarchal: not recommended.
Discontinue if abnormal neurological signs develop. CNS or hepatic disease. Do not have vaginal intercourse or use tampons or douches during therapy. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Avoid concomitant alcohol. Do not give within 2 weeks of disulfiram (possible psychotic reactions). May potentiate oral anticoagulants, lithium. May be potentiated by cimetidine. May interfere with serum chemistry tests.
Fungal infection, headache, pruritus, abdominal pain, GI upset, dysmenorrhea, pharyngitis.
Gel—70g (w. applicators)
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Lithium Monotherapy Effective in Treating Bipolar Disorder in Children
- Transdermal Nicotine Boosts Mood and Cognitive Function in Late-Life Depression
- Computerized Training Programs for Schizophrenia Improve Cognitive Functioning
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy May Alter Suicidal Ideation in Anxiety Disorders
- Ketamine Infusions Reduce Suicidal Ideation in Depression: Characterizing Different Responses
- Antidepressant Effects of Ketamine Appear to Require Opioid System Activation
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder Increasing Among US Children and Adolescents
- Cost-Effective Telehealth Alternatives for Veterans With Depression
- Polygenic Risk Scores Could Aid in Identifying Bipolar Disorder, Schizophrenia
- Brief Impression Questionnaire Useful in Schizophrenia Diagnoses