Generic Name and Formulations:
Meropenem, vaborbactam 2g/vial (containing meropenem 1g + vaborbactam 1g); pwd for IV infusion after reconstitution and dilution; sodium content 10.9mEq/vial; preservative-free.
The Medicines Company
RECENT UPDATESMonograph added.
Indications for VABOMERE:
Susceptible complicated urinary tract infections (cUTI) including pyelonephritis.
Give by IV infusion over 3hrs. ≥18yrs (eGFR ≥50mL/min/1.73m2): 4g every 8hrs. Renal impairment (eGFR 30–49mL/min/1.73m2): 2g every 8hrs; (eGFR 15–29mL/min/1.73m2): 2g every 12hrs; (eGFR <15mL/min/1.73m2): 1g every 12hrs. Give after hemodialysis session. All: treat for up to 14 days.
<18yrs: not established.
Previous hypersensitivity to penicillins, cephalosporins, other beta-lactams, or other allergens. Discontinue immediately if allergic reaction occurs. CNS disorders (eg, brain lesions, history of seizures). Bacterial meningitis. Renal impairment (thrombocytopenia possible). Reevaluate dose if focal tremors, myoclonus, or seizures occur. Discontinue if C. difficile-associated diarrhea suspected or confirmed. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Concomitant valproic acid or divalproex sodium: not recommended; if use necessary, consider supplemental anticonvulsant. Potentiated by probenecid: not recommended.
Carbapenem + beta-lactamase inhibitor.
Headache, phlebitis/infusion site reactions, diarrhea; serious hypersensitivity reactions, C. difficile-associated diarrhea, possible neuromotor impairment (eg, seizures, delirium, paresthesias), superinfection.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- FDA Approves Schizophrenia Medication With Digital Ingestion Sensor
- Increased Depression Severity Following Childhood Exposure to Adversity, Risk
- Suboptimal Neuromotor Development Related to Genetic Risk for Schizophrenia
- No Association Between Comorbid Anxiety Disorders, Suicide Attempts
- Cannabidiol Concentration, Labeling Varies Widely in Products Sold Online
- Maintenance rTMS for Treatment-Resistant Depression
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing Reduces PTSD Symptoms
- Micronutrients Improve Some Symptoms of ADHD
- Long-Acting Injectable Antipsychotics Delay Schizophrenia Relapse
- Transcranial Stimulation Reduces Auditory Hallucinations in Schizophrenia
- Frequent Migraines Increase Severity of Anxiety, Depression
- Abnormal MRI and CSF Findings May Predict Risk for Alzheimer's Dementia
- Genetic Link Between Obesity Traits, Depression With Atypical Features
- Improved Outcomes for Patients Treated by Own PCP During Hospital Stay
- Patients With Excessive Daytime Sleepiness May Benefit From Sodium Oxybate