Generic Name and Formulations:
Urea 41%; crm.
Indications for UTOPIC:
Hyperkeratotic conditions (eg, dry/rough skin, xerosis, ichthyosis, skin cracks/fissures, dermatitis, eczema, psoriasis, keratoses, calluses).
Adults and Children:
Apply to affected area twice daily; rub in until completely absorbed.
Avoid eyes, lips, mucous membranes. Discontinue if redness or irritation occurs. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Transient stinging, burning, itching, irritation.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Lithium Monotherapy Effective in Treating Bipolar Disorder in Children
- Computerized Training Programs for Schizophrenia Improve Cognitive Functioning
- Transdermal Nicotine Boosts Mood and Cognitive Function in Late-Life Depression
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy May Alter Suicidal Ideation in Anxiety Disorders
- Ketamine Infusions Reduce Suicidal Ideation in Depression: Characterizing Different Responses
- Brief Impression Questionnaire Useful in Schizophrenia Diagnoses
- Autism Spectrum Disorders Associated With Depression in Young Adults
- Gestational Diabetes Associated With Increased Risk for Postpartum Depression
- Combination Cognitive Behavioral Therapy With Fluoxetine Effective for Adolescent Depression
- Smartphone-Based Psychoeducational Programs May Be Effective for Bipolar Disorder Management