Generic Name and Formulations:
Phenazopyridine HCl 95mg; tabs.
Personal Products Co.
Indications for URISTAT:
Urinary tract discomfort.
190mg 3 times daily after meals; max 2 days when used with antimicrobials.
Yellow discoloration of skin or sclera may indicate poor excretion. Stains soft contact lenses. Liver disease. Anemia. Discolors urine and fabric (red-orange). Elderly. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Urinary tract analgesic.
Interferes with colorimetric urine tests.
GI upset, headache, rash, methemoglobinemia, hemolytic anemia, renal and hepatic toxicity.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Nomophobia: The Modern-Day Pathology
- Transdermal Nicotine Boosts Mood and Cognitive Function in Late-Life Depression
- Emerging Theories in the Pathophysiology of MDD: Could the Opioid System Be Involved?
- Combination Cognitive Behavioral Therapy With Fluoxetine Effective for Adolescent Depression
- Ketamine Infusions Reduce Suicidal Ideation in Depression: Characterizing Different Responses
- Text Message Reminders Improve Medication Adherence in Bipolar I Disorder
- Improving Medication Adherence in ADHD Lowers Risk for Oppositional Defiant Disorder, Conduct Disorder in Adulthood
- High Suicidality Among Children With ADHD Mediated by Family Functioning, Psychiatry Comorbidities
- Pilot Study Investigates Lithium vs Quetiapine for Bipolar Spectrum Disorder
- How Personalized Hospital Ratings May Drive Patient-Specific Care in the Digital Age