Generic Name and Formulations:
Phenazopyridine HCl 95mg; tabs.
Personal Products Co.
Indications for URISTAT:
Urinary tract discomfort.
190mg 3 times daily after meals; max 2 days when used with antimicrobials.
Yellow discoloration of skin or sclera may indicate poor excretion. Stains soft contact lenses. Liver disease. Anemia. Discolors urine and fabric (red-orange). Elderly. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Interferes with colorimetric urine tests.
Urinary tract analgesic.
GI upset, headache, rash, methemoglobinemia, hemolytic anemia, renal and hepatic toxicity.
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Continuing Research, Emerging Treatments Hold Promise for Treating Anorexia Nervosa
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- Purpose, Questions of Social Interaction Lead Physicians to Delay Retirement
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Is Antidepressant Use in Pregnancy Tied to Psychiatric Disorders in Offspring?
- Cardiovascular Risk Management May Slow Neurocognitive Decline in HIV
- Maintenance rTMS for Treatment-Resistant Depression
- New Study Compares Opioid Dependence Relapse Treatments
- Increase Use of Nursing Home for Patients With Cognitive Impairment Category
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder