Generic Name and Formulations:
Selexipag 200mcg, 400mcg, 600mcg, 800mcg, 1000mcg, 1200mcg, 1400mcg, 1600mcg; tabs.
Indications for UPTRAVI:
Pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH) (WHO Group 1) in patients with WHO functional Class II–III symptoms, to delay disease progression and reduce the risk of hospitalization for PAH.
Swallow whole; may take with food to improve tolerability. Initially 200mcg twice daily; increase by 200mcg increments twice daily at weekly intervals to highest tolerated dose up to 1600mcg twice daily; reduce to previous dose if not tolerated. Moderate hepatic impairment (Child-Pugh class B): initially 200mcg once daily; increase in 200mcg increments once daily at weekly intervals as tolerated.
Concomitant strong CYP2C8 inhibitors (eg, gemfibrozil).
Discontinue if pulmonary veno-occlusive disease confirmed. Severe hepatic impairment (Child-Pugh class C): avoid. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers: not recommended.
See Contraindications. May be potentiated by concomitant moderate CYP2C8 inhibitors (eg, teriflunomide, deferasirox); consider less frequent or reduced dosing. May be antagonized by concomitant CYP2C8 and UGT 1A3 or 2B7 inducers (eg, rifampin); increase up to twice the dose.
Prostacyclin receptor agonist.
Headache, diarrhea, nausea, jaw pain, vomiting, pain in extremity, myalgia, flushing, arthralgia, rash, anemia, decreased appetite.
Tabs 200mcg—60, 140; 400mcg, 600mcg, 800mcg, 1000mcg, 1200mcg, 1400mcg, 1600mcg—60; Titration pack—1 (140 x 200mcg tabs) + (60 x 800mcg tabs)
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- No Evidence of Personality Changes Prior to Developing Cognitive Impairment, Dementia
- Retirement Saving Behavior Associated With Psychological Distress
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Physicians Spend Nearly 6 Hours on EHR Tasks Per Day
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder
- Enhanced Vaccination Effectiveness in Older Adults Linked to Positive Mood
- Subjective Cognitive Decline Linked to Alzheimer Biomarker
- Unnecessary Costs Associated With Low-Cost, Low-Value Health Services
- Is Hypertension Linked to an Increased Risk of Dementia?