Generic Name and Formulations:
Benzyl alcohol 5%; lotion.
Concordia Pharmaceuticals Inc.
Indications for ULESFIA:
Adults and Children:
<6months: not recommended. ≥6months: Apply sufficient amount to dry hair to completely saturate scalp and hair. Short hair: 4–8oz; Medium length: 8–24oz; Long hair: 24–48oz. After 10 minutes, thoroughly rinse off with water. Repeat after 7 days. Wash hands after application.
Avoid contact with eyes. Neonates. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
Ocular irritation, application site reactions (eg, irritation, anesthesia, hypoesthesia), contact dermatitis, pruritus.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Nomophobia: The Modern-Day Pathology
- Transdermal Nicotine Boosts Mood and Cognitive Function in Late-Life Depression
- Emerging Theories in the Pathophysiology of MDD: Could the Opioid System Be Involved?
- Ketamine Infusions Reduce Suicidal Ideation in Depression: Characterizing Different Responses
- Combination Cognitive Behavioral Therapy With Fluoxetine Effective for Adolescent Depression
- Text Message Reminders Improve Medication Adherence in Bipolar I Disorder
- Improving Medication Adherence in ADHD Lowers Risk for Oppositional Defiant Disorder, Conduct Disorder in Adulthood
- High Suicidality Among Children With ADHD Mediated by Family Functioning, Psychiatry Comorbidities
- Pilot Study Investigates Lithium vs Quetiapine for Bipolar Spectrum Disorder
- How Personalized Hospital Ratings May Drive Patient-Specific Care in the Digital Age