Generic Name and Formulations:
Treprostinil 0.6mg/mL; soln for oral inhalation using Tyvaso Inhalation System.
United Therapeutics Corp.
Indications for TYVASO:
Pulmonary arterial hypertension (WHO Group I) in patients with NYHA Class III symptoms, to improve exercise ability.
Give 4 separate treatment sessions each day approximately 4hrs apart, during waking hours. ≥18yrs: Initially 3 breaths (18mcg) per treatment session; if not tolerated, reduce to 1–2 breaths, and then subsequently increase to 3 breaths as tolerated. Maintenance: may increase by an additional 3 breaths at 1–2 week intervals, if tolerated, to target dose of 9 breaths (54mcg) per treatment session.
<18yrs: not established.
Significant underlying lung disease (eg, asthma, COPD). Acute pulmonary infections. Patients with low systemic arterial pressure. Hepatic or renal insufficiency. Risk of bleeding. Avoid contact with eyes and skin, oral ingestion. Elderly. Labor & delivery. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
Increased risk of symptomatic hypotension with concomitant diuretics, antihypertensives, other vasodilators. May be potentiated by CYP2C8 inhibitor (eg, gemfibrozil). May be antagonized by CYP2C8 inducer (eg, rifampin). Increased risk of bleeding with anticoagulants.
Cough, headache, nausea, diarrhea, dizziness, flushing, throat irritation, pharyngolaryngeal pain, syncope; symptomatic hypotension, bleeding.
Ampules (2.9mL)—4; Starter Kit—1 (28 ampules with inhalation system); Refill Kit—1 (28 ampules with accessories)
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- ADHD, Comorbid Bipolar Disorder Share Similar Neurocognitive Profiles
- Anxiety Prevention Interventions: How Effective Are They?
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- No Evidence of Personality Changes Prior to Developing Cognitive Impairment, Dementia
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Physicians Spend Nearly 6 Hours on EHR Tasks Per Day
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Is Hypertension Linked to an Increased Risk of Dementia?
- Continuing Research, Emerging Treatments Hold Promise for Treating Anorexia Nervosa
- Maternal Glucocorticoid Exposure Not Associated With ADHD in Offspring
- Ketamine Not Associated With PTSD Development in Military Trauma Setting
- Content, Quality Issues for Both Paper-Based and Electronic Health Records