TYPHIM Vi Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Typhoid vaccine cell; surface purified Vi polysaccharide 25micrograms per 0.5mL; soln; for IM inj; contains phenol.
Sanofi Pasteur, Inc.
Indications for TYPHIM Vi:
Immunization against typhoid fever.
Give at least 2 weeks before expected exposure; may repeat every 2 years. Adults: 0.5mL IM once in deltoid.
≥2yrs: 0.5mL in deltoid or vastus lateralis.
Not for use in chronic carriers or patients with active infection.
Have epinephrine (1:1000) inj available. Immunocompromised states. Previous typhoid vaccination. Thrombocytopenia. Coagulopathies. Acute infection. Active febrile illness. Exposure to contaminated food and water should be avoided. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Local reactions, malaise, headache, GI upset, myalgia, fever.
Multidose vials—contact manufacturer
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Nomophobia: The Modern-Day Pathology
- Emerging Theories in the Pathophysiology of MDD: Could the Opioid System Be Involved?
- Transdermal Nicotine Boosts Mood and Cognitive Function in Late-Life Depression
- Combination Cognitive Behavioral Therapy With Fluoxetine Effective for Adolescent Depression
- Prazosin May Be Effective as Treatment for Alcohol Use Disorder
- Cycle Patterns Associated With Treatment Response in Bipolar Disorders
- Text Message Reminders Improve Medication Adherence in Bipolar I Disorder
- Improving Medication Adherence in ADHD Lowers Risk for Oppositional Defiant Disorder, Conduct Disorder in Adulthood
- High Suicidality Among Children With ADHD Mediated by Family Functioning, Psychiatry Comorbidities
- Pilot Study Investigates Lithium vs Quetiapine for Bipolar Spectrum Disorder