TYLENOL w. CODEINE #4 CIII
Generic Name and Formulations:
Codeine phosphate 60mg, acetaminophen 300mg; tabs; contains sulfites.
Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Indications for TYLENOL w. CODEINE #4:
Mild to moderately severe pain.
#3: 1–2 tabs every 4 hours. #4: 1 tab every 4 hours.
Post-op pain management in children who have undergone tonsillectomy and/or adenoidectomy.
Risk of respiratory depression and death related to ultra-rapid metabolizers of codeine (esp. in children in post-op tonsillectomy and/or adenoidectomy). Hepatotoxicity (w. acetaminophen >4g/day). Obstructive sleep apnea. Head injury. Increased intracranial pressure. Acute abdomen. Impaired renal, hepatic, thyroid, or adrenocortical function. GI or GU obstruction. Addison's disease. Asthma. Drug abusers. Sulfite sensitivity. Elderly. Debilitated. Labor and delivery. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Potentiation with alcohol, general anesthetics, tranquilizers (eg, chlordiazepoxide, sedative-hypnotics), other CNS depressants, MAOIs, tricyclic antidepressants, anticholinergics.
Opioid + analgesic.
Drowsiness, lightheadedness, dizziness, sedation, shortness of breath, nausea, vomiting, constipation, urinary retention, rash; overdosage: respiratory depression, hepatotoxicity.
#3—100, 1000; #4—100, 500
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Continuing Research, Emerging Treatments Hold Promise for Treating Anorexia Nervosa
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- Purpose, Questions of Social Interaction Lead Physicians to Delay Retirement
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Is Antidepressant Use in Pregnancy Tied to Psychiatric Disorders in Offspring?
- Cardiovascular Risk Management May Slow Neurocognitive Decline in HIV
- Maintenance rTMS for Treatment-Resistant Depression
- New Study Compares Opioid Dependence Relapse Treatments
- Increase Use of Nursing Home for Patients With Cognitive Impairment Category
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder