TUSSIONEX PENNKINETIC CII
Generic Name and Formulations:
Hydrocodone bitartrate 10mg, chlorpheniramine maleate 8mg; per 5mL; as polistirex; ext-rel susp.
Indications for TUSSIONEX PENNKINETIC:
Cough and upper respiratory symptoms associated with allergy or cold.
Use accurate measuring device. ≥12yrs: 5mL every 12hrs; max 10mL/24hrs.
Use accurate measuring device. <6yrs: see Contraindications. 6–11yrs: 2.5mL every 12hrs; max 5mL/24hrs.
Children <6yrs of age.
Risks from concomitant benzodiazepines or other CNS depressants (see Interactions). Respiratory depression esp. in children; discontinue if occurs. Post-op. Compromised respiratory function (eg, pulmonary disease). Abuse potential (monitor). Head injury, other intracranial lesions or pre-existing increase in intracranial pressure. Acute abdomen. Underlying intestinal motility disorders. Narrow-angle glaucoma. Asthma. Hypothyroidism. Addison’s disease. Prostatic hypertrophy. Urethral stricture. Severe hepatic or renal impairment. Elderly. Debilitated. Labor & delivery. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Increased risk of respiratory depression, sedation with benzodiazepines or other CNS depressants (eg, opioids, antihistamines, antipsychotics, anxiolytics, alcohol); avoid. May affect or be affected by MAOIs, TCAs. Paralytic ileus may occur with anticholinergics.
Antitussive + antihistamine.
Nausea, vomiting, sedation, drowsiness, impairment of mental and physical performance, dysphoria, rash, pruritus; respiratory depression.
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Continuing Research, Emerging Treatments Hold Promise for Treating Anorexia Nervosa
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- Purpose, Questions of Social Interaction Lead Physicians to Delay Retirement
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Is Antidepressant Use in Pregnancy Tied to Psychiatric Disorders in Offspring?
- Cardiovascular Risk Management May Slow Neurocognitive Decline in HIV
- Maintenance rTMS for Treatment-Resistant Depression
- New Study Compares Opioid Dependence Relapse Treatments
- Increase Use of Nursing Home for Patients With Cognitive Impairment Category
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder