Generic Name and Formulations:
Dulaglutide 0.75mg/0.5mL, 1.5mg/0.5mL; per pen or prefilled syringe; soln for SC inj.
Lilly, Eli and Company
Indications for TRULICITY:
Adjunct to diet and exercise, to improve glycemic control in adults with type 2 diabetes.
Limitations Of use:
Not recommended as first-line treatment for patients inadequately controlled on diet and exercise. Not studied in patients with history of pancreatitis. Not for treating type 1 diabetes or diabetic ketoacidosis. Not a substitute for insulin. Not recommended in patients with pre-existing severe GI disease.
Give by SC inj in the abdomen, thigh, or upper arm any time of the day, with or without food. ≥18yrs: initially 0.75mg once weekly; may increase to max 1.5mg once weekly if inadequate response. Renal impairment: caution with initiating or escalating doses.
<18yrs: not recommended.
History (personal or family) of medullary thyroid carcinoma. Multiple endocrine neoplasia syndrome type 2.
Risk of thyroid C-cell tumors; inform patients of risk and symptoms. Monitor for pancreatitis; discontinue if suspected; do not restart if confirmed. History of pancreatitis; consider other antidiabetic therapies. Discontinue if hypersensitivity reactions occur; treat promptly and monitor until resolve. History of angioedema or anaphylaxis. Monitor renal function in renally-impaired patients reporting severe GI reactions. Hepatic impairment. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Increased risk of hypoglycemia with concomitant sulfonylureas or insulin; consider reducing their doses. May affect absorption of other oral drugs (delayed gastric emptying); monitor drugs with narrow therapeutic index.
Glucagon-like peptide-1 (GLP-1) receptor agonist.
Nausea, diarrhea, vomiting, abdominal pain, decreased appetite, dyspepsia; acute pancreatitis.
Single-dose pen—4; Single-dose prefilled syringe—4
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Continuing Research, Emerging Treatments Hold Promise for Treating Anorexia Nervosa
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- Purpose, Questions of Social Interaction Lead Physicians to Delay Retirement
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Is Antidepressant Use in Pregnancy Tied to Psychiatric Disorders in Offspring?
- Cardiovascular Risk Management May Slow Neurocognitive Decline in HIV
- Maintenance rTMS for Treatment-Resistant Depression
- New Study Compares Opioid Dependence Relapse Treatments
- Increase Use of Nursing Home for Patients With Cognitive Impairment Category
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder