Generic Name and Formulations:
Plecanatide 3mg; tabs.
Synergy Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Indications for TRULANCE:
Chronic idiopathic constipation (CIC).
Take with or without food. Swallow whole; if difficulties in swallowing, may crush tabs and mix in applesauce or water; may also give with water via NG or gastric feeding tube. ≥18yrs: 3mg once daily.
<18yrs: not established (<6yrs: contraindicated; 6–<18yrs: avoid).
Children <6yrs old. Known or suspected mechanical GI obstruction.
Suspend dosing and rehydrate if severe diarrhea occurs. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Guanylate cyclase-C agonist.
Diarrhea (may be severe), sinusitis, upper respiratory tract infection, abdominal distension, flatulence, abdominal tenderness, increased liver enzymes.
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Continuing Research, Emerging Treatments Hold Promise for Treating Anorexia Nervosa
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- Purpose, Questions of Social Interaction Lead Physicians to Delay Retirement
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Is Antidepressant Use in Pregnancy Tied to Psychiatric Disorders in Offspring?
- Cardiovascular Risk Management May Slow Neurocognitive Decline in HIV
- Maintenance rTMS for Treatment-Resistant Depression
- New Study Compares Opioid Dependence Relapse Treatments
- Increase Use of Nursing Home for Patients With Cognitive Impairment Category
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder