Generic Name and Formulations:
Triptorelin pamoate 22.5mg; lyophilized microgranules for ext-rel IM inj after reconstitution; contains mannitol.
Arbor Pharmaceuticals, LLC
Indications for TRIPTODUR:
Treatment of central precocious puberty.
<2yrs: not established. Give as IM inj in buttock or thigh. ≥2yrs: 22.5mg once every 24 weeks. Discontinue at appropriate time point for onset of puberty. Consider switching to alternative GnRH agonist if Triptodur dose is inadequate.
Use aseptic technique. Must administer under physician supervision. Initial transient rise in gonadotropins and sex steroids may result in increased signs/symptoms of puberty. Monitor LH and sex steroid levels at 1–2 months after treatment initiation, during, and with each subsequent dose. Assess height every 3–6 months and bone age periodically. Monitor for psychiatric symptoms. History of seizures/epilepsy, cerebrovascular disorders, CNS anomalies or tumors: risk of convulsions. Renal or hepatic impairment. Discontinue if overdosage occurs. Nursing mothers.
Concomitant hyperprolactinemic drugs: not recommended. Caution with concomitant drugs that are associated with convulsions (eg, bupropion, SSRIs). May interfere with pituitary gonadotropic and gonadal function tests.
Inj site reactions, menstrual bleeding, hot flush, headache, cough, infections (eg, bronchitis, gastroenteritis, influenza, nasopharyngitis, otitis externa, pharyngitis, sinusitis, upper respiratory tract infection); psychiatric events, convulsions.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Link Identified Between Cured Meat and Mania in Bipolar Disorder
- First-Episode Delusional Disorder vs Schizophrenia: Assessment of Outcomes
- Early Risk Factors for Bipolar Disorder Found in Offspring of BD Parents
- Prevalence of Schizophrenia in Individuals With Type 2 Diabetes
- Daily Drinking Associated With Increased Mortality Risk
- The Opioid System: The Foundation for Social Risk and Reward
- Correctional Psychiatry: Challenges and Rewards
- Those Left Behind: Working With Suicide-Bereaved Families
- The Impact of Deafness on Hallucinations and Delusions
- Is Mandatory Reporting of Child Maltreatment in the Best Interests of the Child?
- Nutrition Tips for Physicians: Staying Healthy During Busy Days
- Mental Health Problems in Adolescents With HIV: Overview & Expert Interview
- Should Physicians Play a Role in Minimizing the Societal Cost of Medical Care?
- Digital Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Effective for Individuals With Insomnia
- How Do Medical Scribes Reduce EHR Documentation Burden for Physicians?