Generic Name and Formulations:
Triptorelin pamoate 22.5mg; lyophilized microgranules for ext-rel IM inj after reconstitution; contains mannitol.
Arbor Pharmaceuticals, LLC
Indications for TRIPTODUR:
Treatment of central precocious puberty.
<2yrs: not established. Give as IM inj in buttock or thigh. ≥2yrs: 22.5mg once every 24 weeks. Discontinue at appropriate time point for onset of puberty. Consider switching to alternative GnRH agonist if Triptodur dose is inadequate.
Use aseptic technique. Must administer under physician supervision. Initial transient rise in gonadotropins and sex steroids may result in increased signs/symptoms of puberty. Monitor LH and sex steroid levels at 1–2 months after treatment initiation, during, and with each subsequent dose. Assess height every 3–6 months and bone age periodically. Monitor for psychiatric symptoms. History of seizures/epilepsy, cerebrovascular disorders, CNS anomalies or tumors: risk of convulsions. Renal or hepatic impairment. Discontinue if overdosage occurs. Nursing mothers.
Concomitant hyperprolactinemic drugs: not recommended. Caution with concomitant drugs that are associated with convulsions (eg, bupropion, SSRIs). May interfere with pituitary gonadotropic and gonadal function tests.
Inj site reactions, menstrual bleeding, hot flush, headache, cough, infections (eg, bronchitis, gastroenteritis, influenza, nasopharyngitis, otitis externa, pharyngitis, sinusitis, upper respiratory tract infection); psychiatric events, convulsions.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Childhood-Onset Bipolar Disorder Associated With Impaired Family Functioning
- Valproate Use in Women Who Could Become Pregnant: The Argument for Informed Consent
- Review Examines the Effectiveness of Antidepressants for Insomnia
- Ketamine-Induced Dissociative Symptoms Predict Antidepressant Response
- Hospitalization Rates in Schizophrenia—Lurasidone vs Quetiapine
- Video Games and Exercise as Alternative Therapies for ADHD
- How Parents Can Enhance Autism Treatment: Use of Intervention Strategies at Home
- Electroconvulsive Therapy Effective in Children With Autism
- Comorbid Autism Spectrum Disorder and OCD: Challenges in Diagnosis and Treatment
- The Cutting Edge of Schizophrenia Research: VR as Treatment for Psychosis
- New APA President Takes Office as the First African-American to Lead the Organization
- "MDMA-Assisted Psychotherapy Effective for Treating PTSD in Veterans, First Responders "
- Early Intervention Services Superior to Treatment as Usual for Early-Phase Psychosis
- Depressive Symptoms Predict Future Pain, Disability in Adolescent JIA
- Gender-Related Association Between Physical Activity, Psychological Status in T2D