Generic Name and Formulations:
Liothyronine (as sodium) 10mcg/mL; soln for IV inj.
Indications for TRIOSTAT:
Give with glucocorticoids. Allow 4–12 hours between doses. Initially 25–50mcg. Cardiovascular disease: initially 10–20mcg. Usual range: 65–100mcg daily. Change to oral therapy as soon as possible: start tabs at low dose and increase gradually; discontinue IV gradually.
Uncorrected adrenocortical insufficiency. Untreated thyrotoxicosis. Artificial rewarming.
Not for treatment of obesity. Cardiovascular disease, angina, elderly: initiate therapy at 10–20micrograms. Severe and prolonged hypothyroidism. Fluid therapy. Adrenocortical insufficiency. Pregnancy (Cat.A). Nursing mothers.
Potentiates digitalis toxicity, tricyclic antidepressants, sympathomimetics (e.g., anorectics). May increase risk of coronary insufficiency with vasopressors. Monitor oral anticoagulants, hypoglycemics. Estrogens affect thyroid function tests. May be potentiated by tricyclic antidepressants. Hypertension, tachycardia with ketamine.
Arrhythmia, tachycardia, cardiopulmonary arrest, hypotension, MI, angina, CHF, hypertension, twitching.
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- No Evidence of Personality Changes Prior to Developing Cognitive Impairment, Dementia
- Retirement Saving Behavior Associated With Psychological Distress
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Physicians Spend Nearly 6 Hours on EHR Tasks Per Day
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder
- Enhanced Vaccination Effectiveness in Older Adults Linked to Positive Mood
- Subjective Cognitive Decline Linked to Alzheimer Biomarker
- Unnecessary Costs Associated With Low-Cost, Low-Value Health Services
- Is Hypertension Linked to an Increased Risk of Dementia?