TRILYTE w. FLAVOR PACKS Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Polyethylene glycol 3350 420g, sodium chloride 11.2g, potassium chloride 1.48g, sodium bicarbonate 5.72g, flavor 3.22g/pack; per 4 liters of soln; pwd for reconstitution (add 1 flavor pack before reconstitution).
Indications for TRILYTE w. FLAVOR PACKS:
Bowel cleansing before colonoscopy.
After fasting for 3–4 hrs, 240mL orally every 10 minutes or 20–30mL/minute by NG tube until rectal discharge is clear or 4 liters consumed. May interrupt if severe GI disturbances occur. Only clear liquids until exam.
<6months: not recommended. ≥6months: No solid food for at least 2 hrs, then 25mL/kg per hour orally or by NG tube until rectal discharge is clear or 4 liters consumed. May interrupt if severe GI disturbances occur. Only clear liquids until exam.
GI obstruction or perforation. Gastric retention. Toxic colitis. Toxic megacolon. Ileus.
Severe ulcerative colitis. Impaired gag reflex. Semi- or unconsciousness. Risk of aspiration or regurgitation. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Monitor young children (<2yrs) for hypoglycemia or dehydration.
Isosmotic bowel cleanser.
Drugs administered within 1 hour of start of TriLyte may not be absorbed.
Nausea, abdominal fullness or bloating, cramps, vomiting, anal irritation. Children: dehydration, hypokalemia.
TriLyte w. Flavor Packs—4L (disposable bottle w. flavor packs attached)
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Nomophobia: The Modern-Day Pathology
- Emerging Theories in the Pathophysiology of MDD: Could the Opioid System Be Involved?
- Transdermal Nicotine Boosts Mood and Cognitive Function in Late-Life Depression
- Combination Cognitive Behavioral Therapy With Fluoxetine Effective for Adolescent Depression
- Prazosin May Be Effective as Treatment for Alcohol Use Disorder
- Text Message Reminders Improve Medication Adherence in Bipolar I Disorder
- Improving Medication Adherence in ADHD Lowers Risk for Oppositional Defiant Disorder, Conduct Disorder in Adulthood
- High Suicidality Among Children With ADHD Mediated by Family Functioning, Psychiatry Comorbidities
- Pilot Study Investigates Lithium vs Quetiapine for Bipolar Spectrum Disorder
- How Personalized Hospital Ratings May Drive Patient-Specific Care in the Digital Age