TRILYTE w. FLAVOR PACKS Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Polyethylene glycol 3350 420g, sodium chloride 11.2g, potassium chloride 1.48g, sodium bicarbonate 5.72g, flavor 3.22g/pack; per 4 liters of soln; pwd for reconstitution (add 1 flavor pack before reconstitution).
Indications for TRILYTE w. FLAVOR PACKS:
Bowel cleansing before colonoscopy.
After fasting for 3–4 hrs, 240mL orally every 10 minutes or 20–30mL/minute by NG tube until rectal discharge is clear or 4 liters consumed. May interrupt if severe GI disturbances occur. Only clear liquids until exam.
<6months: not recommended. ≥6months: No solid food for at least 2 hrs, then 25mL/kg per hour orally or by NG tube until rectal discharge is clear or 4 liters consumed. May interrupt if severe GI disturbances occur. Only clear liquids until exam.
GI obstruction or perforation. Gastric retention. Toxic colitis. Toxic megacolon. Ileus.
Severe ulcerative colitis. Impaired gag reflex. Semi- or unconsciousness. Risk of aspiration or regurgitation. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Monitor young children (<2yrs) for hypoglycemia or dehydration.
Drugs administered within 1 hour of start of TriLyte may not be absorbed.
Isosmotic bowel cleanser.
Nausea, abdominal fullness or bloating, cramps, vomiting, anal irritation. Children: dehydration, hypokalemia.
TriLyte w. Flavor Packs—4L (disposable bottle w. flavor packs attached)
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Continuing Research, Emerging Treatments Hold Promise for Treating Anorexia Nervosa
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- Purpose, Questions of Social Interaction Lead Physicians to Delay Retirement
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Is Antidepressant Use in Pregnancy Tied to Psychiatric Disorders in Offspring?
- Cardiovascular Risk Management May Slow Neurocognitive Decline in HIV
- Maintenance rTMS for Treatment-Resistant Depression
- New Study Compares Opioid Dependence Relapse Treatments
- Increase Use of Nursing Home for Patients With Cognitive Impairment Category
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder