TRIAMINIC COUGH & SORE THROAT OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Acetaminophen 160mg, dextromethorphan HBr 5mg; per 5mL; liq; grape flavor; alcohol-free; contains sodium 5mg/5mL.
Novartis Consumer Health
Indications for TRIAMINIC COUGH & SORE THROAT:
Cough, fever, sore throat, headache, minor aches and pains.
<4yrs: do not use. 4–6yrs: 5mL. 6–12yrs: 10mL. Repeat every 4 hours as needed; max 5 doses/24 hours.
Children <4yrs old. During or within 14 days of MAOIs. Concomitant other acetaminophen products.
Asthma. Lower respiratory disorders. Liver disease. Discontinue if symptoms worsen or persist for ≥3 days.
Antitussive + analgesic/antipyretic.
See Contraindications. Hypertensive crisis with MAOIs.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Differences in Efficacy and Tolerability of ADHD Medications Across Age Groups
- Associations Between Hypovitaminosis D and Poorer Outcomes in Schizophrenia
- Oxycontin's Maker Now Selling Drug to Curb Opioid Addiction
- Comorbid Narcolepsy and Schizophrenia in Adolescents
- FDA Approves New Treatment for Opioid Dependence
- Gestational Diabetes Associated With Increased Risk for Postpartum Depression
- Combination Cognitive Behavioral Therapy With Fluoxetine Effective for Adolescent Depression
- Smartphone-Based Psychoeducational Programs May Be Effective for Bipolar Disorder Management
- Prazosin May Be Effective as Treatment for Alcohol Use Disorder
- Risk Factors for Recurrent Suicide Attempts in Substance Use Disorder Outpatients