TRIAMINIC COUGH & SORE THROAT OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Acetaminophen 160mg, dextromethorphan HBr 5mg; per 5mL; liq; grape flavor; alcohol-free; contains sodium 5mg/5mL.
Novartis Consumer Health
Indications for TRIAMINIC COUGH & SORE THROAT:
Cough, fever, sore throat, headache, minor aches and pains.
<4yrs: do not use. 4–6yrs: 5mL. 6–12yrs: 10mL. Repeat every 4 hours as needed; max 5 doses/24 hours.
Children <4yrs old. During or within 14 days of MAOIs. Concomitant other acetaminophen products.
Asthma. Lower respiratory disorders. Liver disease. Discontinue if symptoms worsen or persist for ≥3 days.
See Contraindications. Hypertensive crisis with MAOIs.
Antitussive + analgesic/antipyretic.
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Continuing Research, Emerging Treatments Hold Promise for Treating Anorexia Nervosa
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- Purpose, Questions of Social Interaction Lead Physicians to Delay Retirement
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Is Antidepressant Use in Pregnancy Tied to Psychiatric Disorders in Offspring?
- Cardiovascular Risk Management May Slow Neurocognitive Decline in HIV
- Maintenance rTMS for Treatment-Resistant Depression
- New Study Compares Opioid Dependence Relapse Treatments
- Increase Use of Nursing Home for Patients With Cognitive Impairment Category
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder