TRIAMINIC COLD & ALLERGY OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Chlorpheniramine maleate 1mg, phenylephrine HCl 2.5mg; per 5mL; liq; alcohol-free; orange-flavored; contains sodium 3mg/5mL.
Novartis Consumer Health
Indications for TRIAMINIC COLD & ALLERGY:
Rhinorrhea, congestion, allergy symptoms.
<4yrs: do not use. 4–6yrs: individualize. 6–12yrs: 10mL. Repeat every 4 hours as needed; max 6 doses/24 hours.
Children <4yrs old. During or within 14 days of MAOIs. For use as a sedative hypnotic.
Hypertension. Cardiovascular disease. Thyroid disease. Diabetes. Glaucoma. Asthma. Lower respiratory disorders.
See Contraindications. Hypertensive crisis with MAOIs. β-blockers may increase pressor effects of sympathomimetics. Antihypertensives antagonized. Increased CNS effects with other CNS depressants.
Antihistamine + sympathomimetic.
Drowsiness, anticholinergic effects, dizziness, nervousness, insomnia, excitability in children.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Adjunctive Therapies for Bipolar Disorder Show Promise, Need More Evidence
- Predicting Treatment-Emergent Mania to Tailor Pharmacotherapy in Bipolar Disorder
- Antidepressants Increase Seizure Risk in Youth and Severely Depressed
- Abnormalities of Cortical Thickness in Bipolar Disorder With Auditory Hallucinations
- Prevalence of Major Depressive Disorder Remains High In US Population
- The Way to the Head May Be Through the Gut: Probiotics for Depression
- Suicide-Screening Toolkit Can Help Identify Youths at High Risk for Suicide
- Agoraphobia: An Evolving Understanding of Definitions and Treatment
- Parental Pressure to Diet Linked With Long-term Harm in Adolescents
- Does Access to Medical Cannabis Reduce Risk for Opioid Abuse?
- Triiodothyronine in the Treatment of Bipolar Depression
- Suicide Risk After Self-Harm Among Adolescents, Young Adults
- E-Cigarettes Associated With More Harms Than Benefits at Population Level
- Safety, Efficacy of Deep Brain Stimulation for Alzheimer Disease Examined
- Many Teens Who Use Tobacco Don't Self-Identify as Users