Triamcinolone Acetonide Dental Paste Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Triamcinolone acetonide 0.1%; dental paste.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Triamcinolone Acetonide Dental Paste:
Adjunct in oral inflammation.
Press (do not rub) thin film onto lesion at bedtime and, if needed, 2–3 times daily after meals. Reevaluate if no improvement in 7 days.
Fungal, viral, or bacterial infections of the mouth or throat.
Tuberculosis. Peptic ulcer. Diabetes. Pregnancy.
Local irritation or sensitization (discontinue if occurs); possible systemic effects (eg, adrenal suppression, glucose intolerance, protein catabolism, peptic ulcer activation).
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Continuing Research, Emerging Treatments Hold Promise for Treating Anorexia Nervosa
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder
- Duration of Untreated Depression Predicts Depression Severity
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Is Antidepressant Use in Pregnancy Tied to Psychiatric Disorders in Offspring?
- Elevated Dopamine Synthesis Capacity Observed in Both Bipolar and Schizophrenia
- SSRI Use Associated With Increased Type 2 Diabetes Risk in Young Adults
- Specialty Physicians Experiencing Lack of Income Growth
- Improved Patient-Provider Communication Needed Following Urgent Care Visits
- Cardiovascular Risk Management May Slow Neurocognitive Decline in HIV