Triamcinolone Acetonide Dental Paste Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Triamcinolone acetonide 0.1%; dental paste.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Triamcinolone Acetonide Dental Paste:
Adjunct in oral inflammation.
Press (do not rub) thin film onto lesion at bedtime and, if needed, 2–3 times daily after meals. Reevaluate if no improvement in 7 days.
Fungal, viral, or bacterial infections of the mouth or throat.
Tuberculosis. Peptic ulcer. Diabetes. Pregnancy.
Local irritation or sensitization (discontinue if occurs); possible systemic effects (eg, adrenal suppression, glucose intolerance, protein catabolism, peptic ulcer activation).
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Nomophobia: The Modern-Day Pathology
- Emerging Theories in the Pathophysiology of MDD: Could the Opioid System Be Involved?
- Transdermal Nicotine Boosts Mood and Cognitive Function in Late-Life Depression
- Combination Cognitive Behavioral Therapy With Fluoxetine Effective for Adolescent Depression
- Prazosin May Be Effective as Treatment for Alcohol Use Disorder
- Text Message Reminders Improve Medication Adherence in Bipolar I Disorder
- Improving Medication Adherence in ADHD Lowers Risk for Oppositional Defiant Disorder, Conduct Disorder in Adulthood
- High Suicidality Among Children With ADHD Mediated by Family Functioning, Psychiatry Comorbidities
- Pilot Study Investigates Lithium vs Quetiapine for Bipolar Spectrum Disorder
- How Personalized Hospital Ratings May Drive Patient-Specific Care in the Digital Age