Triamcinolone + Nystatin Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Triamcinolone acetonide 0.1%, nystatin 100000units/g; crm; oint.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Triamcinolone + Nystatin:
Adults and Children:
Apply sparingly 2 times daily; max 25 days treatment.
Avoid prolonged use or on large areas. Use lowest effective dose (esp. in children). Do not occlude. Discontinue gradually in chronic use. Discontinue if superinfection or irritation occurs. Reevaluate if no improvement after 25 days. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Steroid + polyene antifungal.
Local irritation, folliculitis, hypertrichosis, dermatitis, sensitization, HPA axis suppression (esp. in children), epidermal and dermal atrophy (esp. in thin-skinned or occluded areas).
Formerly known under the brand names Myco-triacet II, Mycolog II, Mytrex F.
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Continuing Research, Emerging Treatments Hold Promise for Treating Anorexia Nervosa
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- Purpose, Questions of Social Interaction Lead Physicians to Delay Retirement
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Is Antidepressant Use in Pregnancy Tied to Psychiatric Disorders in Offspring?
- SSRI Use Associated With Increased Type 2 Diabetes Risk in Young Adults
- Improved Patient-Provider Communication Needed Following Urgent Care Visits
- Cardiovascular Risk Management May Slow Neurocognitive Decline in HIV
- Maintenance rTMS for Treatment-Resistant Depression
- New Study Compares Opioid Dependence Relapse Treatments