Triamcinolone + Nystatin Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Triamcinolone acetonide 0.1%, nystatin 100000units/g; crm; oint.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Triamcinolone + Nystatin:
Adults and Children:
Apply sparingly 2 times daily; max 25 days treatment.
Avoid prolonged use or on large areas. Use lowest effective dose (esp. in children). Do not occlude. Discontinue gradually in chronic use. Discontinue if superinfection or irritation occurs. Reevaluate if no improvement after 25 days. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Steroid + polyene antifungal.
Local irritation, folliculitis, hypertrichosis, dermatitis, sensitization, HPA axis suppression (esp. in children), epidermal and dermal atrophy (esp. in thin-skinned or occluded areas).
Formerly known under the brand names Myco-triacet II, Mycolog II, Mytrex F.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Nomophobia: The Modern-Day Pathology
- Transdermal Nicotine Boosts Mood and Cognitive Function in Late-Life Depression
- Emerging Theories in the Pathophysiology of MDD: Could the Opioid System Be Involved?
- Combination Cognitive Behavioral Therapy With Fluoxetine Effective for Adolescent Depression
- Ketamine Infusions Reduce Suicidal Ideation in Depression: Characterizing Different Responses
- Text Message Reminders Improve Medication Adherence in Bipolar I Disorder
- Improving Medication Adherence in ADHD Lowers Risk for Oppositional Defiant Disorder, Conduct Disorder in Adulthood
- High Suicidality Among Children With ADHD Mediated by Family Functioning, Psychiatry Comorbidities
- Pilot Study Investigates Lithium vs Quetiapine for Bipolar Spectrum Disorder
- How Personalized Hospital Ratings May Drive Patient-Specific Care in the Digital Age