Tri-Vitamin Drops w/Fluoride Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Vit. A 1500Units, Vit. D 400Units, Vit. C 35mg, fluoride (as sodium) 0.25mg or 0.5mg; per mL; fruit flavor.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Tri-Vitamin Drops w/Fluoride:
Nutritional supplement, prevention of dental caries where water fluoridation <0.6ppm.
Base dose on fluoride content of water. <6mos: not recommended. If fluoride content <0.3ppm: 6mos–3yrs: 0.25mg fluoride/day; 3–6yrs: 0.5mg fluoride/day. If fluoride content 0.3–0.6ppm: 6mos–3yrs: not recommended; 3–6yrs: 0.25mg fluoride/day.
Water fluoridation >0.6ppm.
Dental fluorosis in chronic overdosage. Account for other sources of fluoride.
Insoluble calcium fluoride with dairy products.
Formerly known under the brand names Tri-Vi-Flor, Tri-Vi-Flor with Iron.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Nomophobia: The Modern-Day Pathology
- Emerging Theories in the Pathophysiology of MDD: Could the Opioid System Be Involved?
- Transdermal Nicotine Boosts Mood and Cognitive Function in Late-Life Depression
- Combination Cognitive Behavioral Therapy With Fluoxetine Effective for Adolescent Depression
- Prazosin May Be Effective as Treatment for Alcohol Use Disorder
- Cycle Patterns Associated With Treatment Response in Bipolar Disorders
- Text Message Reminders Improve Medication Adherence in Bipolar I Disorder
- Improving Medication Adherence in ADHD Lowers Risk for Oppositional Defiant Disorder, Conduct Disorder in Adulthood
- High Suicidality Among Children With ADHD Mediated by Family Functioning, Psychiatry Comorbidities
- Pilot Study Investigates Lithium vs Quetiapine for Bipolar Spectrum Disorder