Tri-Vitamin Drops w/Fluoride Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Vit. A 1500Units, Vit. D 400Units, Vit. C 35mg, fluoride (as sodium) 0.25mg or 0.5mg; per mL; fruit flavor.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Tri-Vitamin Drops w/Fluoride:
Nutritional supplement, prevention of dental caries where water fluoridation <0.6ppm.
Base dose on fluoride content of water. <6mos: not recommended. If fluoride content <0.3ppm: 6mos–3yrs: 0.25mg fluoride/day; 3–6yrs: 0.5mg fluoride/day. If fluoride content 0.3–0.6ppm: 6mos–3yrs: not recommended; 3–6yrs: 0.25mg fluoride/day.
Water fluoridation >0.6ppm.
Dental fluorosis in chronic overdosage. Account for other sources of fluoride.
Insoluble calcium fluoride with dairy products.
Formerly known under the brand names Tri-Vi-Flor, Tri-Vi-Flor with Iron.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Adjunctive Therapies for Bipolar Disorder Show Promise, Need More Evidence
- Predicting Treatment-Emergent Mania to Tailor Pharmacotherapy in Bipolar Disorder
- Abnormalities of Cortical Thickness in Bipolar Disorder With Auditory Hallucinations
- Prevalence of ADHD Relatively Stable Over Time Despite Increase in Diagnoses
- Prevalence of Major Depressive Disorder Remains High In US Population
- The Way to the Head May Be Through the Gut: Probiotics for Depression
- Suicide-Screening Toolkit Can Help Identify Youths at High Risk for Suicide
- Agoraphobia: An Evolving Understanding of Definitions and Treatment
- Parental Pressure to Diet Linked With Long-term Harm in Adolescents
- Does Access to Medical Cannabis Reduce Risk for Opioid Abuse?
- Evidence of Methylphenidate Abuse: Characterizing Patterns of Use in Pediatric and Adult Populations
- Intranasal Oxytocin Reduces Negative Effects, Improves Cognitive Function in Schizophrenia
- Most Patients Comfortable With Clinicians Asking About Sexual Orientation
- Peer-to-Peer Depression Awareness Program May Be Beneficial
- Examining Rates of Long-term Opioid Use in Youth With Psychiatric Disorders