TRI-NORINYL 28 Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Norethindrone 0.5mg, ethinyl estradiol 35micrograms (7 tabs); norethindrone 1mg, ethinyl estradiol 35micrograms (9 tabs); norethindrone 0.5mg, ethinyl estradiol 35micrograms (5 tabs); inert (7 tabs).
Mayne Pharma US
Indications for TRI-NORINYL 28:
1 tab daily for 28 days; repeat.
Thrombophlebitis or thromboembolic disorders. Cerebral vascular or coronary artery disease. Breast or other estrogen-dependent neoplasms. Undiagnosed abnormal genital bleeding. Cholestatic jaundice of pregnancy or jaundice with prior OC use. Hepatic adenoma or carcinoma. Pregnancy (Cat.X). Concomitant ombitasvir/paritaprevir/ritonavir, with or without dasabuvir.
Increased risk of cardiovascular events esp. in cigarette smokers >35yrs of age; not recommended. Discontinue if thrombotic event, unexplained visual changes, jaundice, migraine or other severe headaches occur, and at least 4 weeks before through 2 weeks after surgery associated with increased risk of thromboembolism. Uncontrolled hypertension. Gallbladder disease. Diabetes. Prediabetes. Uncontrolled dyslipidemias. Hypertriglyceridemia. Depression. Fluid rentention. Monitor blood pressure. Do regular complete physical exams. May need barrier contraception with Sunday starts or postpartum use (see full labeling). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
See Contraindications. ALT elevations with HCV regimen ombitasvir/paritaprevir/ritonavir, with or without dasabuvir; discontinue Tri-Norinyl prior to starting HCV regimen and restart 2wks after completion. Antagonized by rifampin, phenobarbital, phenytoin, carbamazepine, St. John's wort. Efficacy may be reduced by ampicillin, tetracycline, griseofulvin, phenylbutazone. May affect laboratory tests (eg, coagulation factors, lipids, glucose tolerance, binding proteins).
Progestin + estrogen.
Hypertension, nausea, vomiting, breakthrough bleeding, amenorrhea, transient delay of ovulation after discontinuation, edema, headache, intolerance to contact lenses; serious thromboembolic events, liver disease.
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Continuing Research, Emerging Treatments Hold Promise for Treating Anorexia Nervosa
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- Purpose, Questions of Social Interaction Lead Physicians to Delay Retirement
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Is Antidepressant Use in Pregnancy Tied to Psychiatric Disorders in Offspring?
- Cardiovascular Risk Management May Slow Neurocognitive Decline in HIV
- Maintenance rTMS for Treatment-Resistant Depression
- New Study Compares Opioid Dependence Relapse Treatments
- Increase Use of Nursing Home for Patients With Cognitive Impairment Category
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder