Generic Name and Formulations:
Hydroquinone 4%, fluocinolone acetonide 0.01%, tretinoin 0.05%; crm; contains sulfites, parabens.
Galderma Laboratories, Inc.
Indications for TRI-LUMA:
Short-term intermittent treatment of moderate to severe melasma of the face, with measures for sun avoidance including sunscreen use (SPF 30).
Clean (use a mild, soap-free cleanser) and dry skin. Apply a thin film to affected area(s) and to ½ inch of surrounding normal skin once daily, at least 30 minutes before bedtime.
Do not occlude or use on eczema or sunburned skin. Avoid eyes, ears, mouth, angle of nose, mucous membranes, sun, UV light. Skin types V and VI (possible undesirable excessive bleaching). Discontinue if ochronosis, chemical irritation, hypersensitivity, or HPA axis suppression occurs. Increased irritation in extreme weather. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.C), nursing mothers: consider delaying use until after pregnancy/nursing.
Avoid photosensitizers, topical irritants, and drying agents.
Skin depigmenting agent + topical steroid + retinoid.
Local irritation (erythema, peeling, burning, dryness, pruritus), acne, paresthesia, telangiectasia, hyperesthesia, folliculitis, dermatitis, secondary infection, hypertrichosis, skin atrophy, striae, miliaria, HPA axis suppression.
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Anxiety Prevention Interventions: How Effective Are They?
- ADHD, Comorbid Bipolar Disorder Share Similar Neurocognitive Profiles
- Antidepressant Use and Dementia Risk in the Elderly
- Risk for Adverse Outcomes With Antidepressants in Dementia
- Chronic Alcohol Use Disorder Symptoms Occur Regardless of Social Status
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Physicians Spend Nearly 6 Hours on EHR Tasks Per Day
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Buprenorphine, Methadone Combined With CNS Depressants May Lead to SAEs
- Vagus Nerve Stimulation in HIV-Associated Depression
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- Purpose, Questions of Social Interaction Lead Physicians to Delay Retirement
- Retirement Saving Behavior Associated With Psychological Distress