Generic Name and Formulations:
Triptorelin pamoate 3.75mg, 11.25mg, 22.5mg; lyophilized microgranules for IM inj after reconstitution; contains mannitol.
Indications for TRELSTAR :
Palliative treatment of advanced prostate cancer.
Give by IM inj in buttock. 3.75mg every 4 weeks, or 11.25mg every 12 weeks, or 22.5mg every 24 weeks.
Not for use in women. Must administer under physician supervision. Discontinue if hypersensitivity occurs. Initial transient increase in serum testosterone may result in worsening of signs/symptoms including bone pain, neuropathy, hematuria, or urethral/bladder obstruction. Spinal cord compression. Renal or hepatic impairment. Metastatic vertebral lesions. Upper or lower urinary tract obstruction. May prolong QT/QTc interval in patients with congenital long QT syndrome, CHF, frequent electrolyte abnormalities. Correct any electrolyte abnormalities; monitor ECGs and electrolytes periodically. Increased risk of diabetes, MI, sudden cardiac death, stroke; monitor blood glucose and/or HbA1c, and for signs/symptoms of cardiovascular disease. Measure serum testosterone periodically. Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Concomitant hyperprolactinemic drugs: not recommended. Avoid concomitant drugs that are known to prolong the QT interval. May interfere with pituitary gonadotropic function tests.
Inj site reactions, hot flushes, skeletal pain, impotence, headache, leg edema/pain, erectile dysfunction, testicular atrophy; hyperglycemia.
Single-dose vial—1; MixJect system—1 (vial + vial adapter + prefilled syringe)
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Nomophobia: The Modern-Day Pathology
- Transdermal Nicotine Boosts Mood and Cognitive Function in Late-Life Depression
- Emerging Theories in the Pathophysiology of MDD: Could the Opioid System Be Involved?
- Ketamine Infusions Reduce Suicidal Ideation in Depression: Characterizing Different Responses
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy May Alter Suicidal Ideation in Anxiety Disorders
- Text Message Reminders Improve Medication Adherence in Bipolar I Disorder
- Improving Medication Adherence in ADHD Lowers Risk for Oppositional Defiant Disorder, Conduct Disorder in Adulthood
- High Suicidality Among Children With ADHD Mediated by Family Functioning, Psychiatry Comorbidities
- Pilot Study Investigates Lithium vs Quetiapine for Bipolar Spectrum Disorder
- How Personalized Hospital Ratings May Drive Patient-Specific Care in the Digital Age