Researchers sought to examine the most efficacious treatment for clinical remission in adults with schizophrenia.
Treating acute pain before it develops into chronic pain may be the key to preventing chronic pain from arising in the first place.
The DEA's plan to list kratom as a Schedule I controlled substance would make researching the possible opioid substitute much more difficult.
CDC rank alcohol-attributable mortality as the third leading cause of preventable death in the United States.
One topic of criticism is the relative dearth of scientific evidence regarding the efficacy of 12-step programs.
Approximately 80% of depressive episodes have their onset during the first six months following traumatic brain injury.
Interaction of Proline and COMT Genotype Influences Negative Symptoms in Schizophrenia & Bipolar DisorderSeptember 27, 2016
The authors explored whether valproate (VPA) treatment effects vary by catechol-O-methyltransferase (COMT) genotype.
Dr. Roger McIntyre suggests that the clinical relevance of cognitive dysfunction for any individual patient can only be adjudicated on a case-by-case basis.
Converting just 1 meeting per week to a walking meeting can increase on-the-job activity levels for white-collar workers.
Clinical trials in humans are scheduled to begin later this year.
CDC researchers recommend behavioral modification therapy as treatment for ADHD in children between 2 and 5 years of age.
Poorly managed treatment-resistant schizophrenia has a significant personal and economic impact, with unfavorable long-term outcomes.
Antidepressants were found to be more effective with the concomitant use of nutritional supplements.
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- ADHD, Comorbid Bipolar Disorder Share Similar Neurocognitive Profiles
- Anxiety Prevention Interventions: How Effective Are They?
- Antidepressant Use and Dementia Risk in the Elderly
- Sleep Apnea Implant Device Receives FDA Approval
- No Evidence of Personality Changes Prior to Developing Cognitive Impairment, Dementia
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Physicians Spend Nearly 6 Hours on EHR Tasks Per Day
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Duration of Untreated Depression Predicts Depression Severity
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Cognitive Dysfunction a Sign of Prodromal Parkinson Disease
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Bipolar Depression Benefits From Midday Bright Light Therapy