Treating acute pain before it develops into chronic pain may be the key to preventing chronic pain from arising in the first place.
The DEA's plan to list kratom as a Schedule I controlled substance would make researching the possible opioid substitute much more difficult.
CDC rank alcohol-attributable mortality as the third leading cause of preventable death in the United States.
One topic of criticism is the relative dearth of scientific evidence regarding the efficacy of 12-step programs.
Approximately 80% of depressive episodes have their onset during the first six months following traumatic brain injury.
Interaction of Proline and COMT Genotype Influences Negative Symptoms in Schizophrenia & Bipolar DisorderSeptember 27, 2016
The authors explored whether valproate (VPA) treatment effects vary by catechol-O-methyltransferase (COMT) genotype.
Dr. Roger McIntyre suggests that the clinical relevance of cognitive dysfunction for any individual patient can only be adjudicated on a case-by-case basis.
Converting just 1 meeting per week to a walking meeting can increase on-the-job activity levels for white-collar workers.
Clinical trials in humans are scheduled to begin later this year.
CDC researchers recommend behavioral modification therapy as treatment for ADHD in children between 2 and 5 years of age.
Poorly managed treatment-resistant schizophrenia has a significant personal and economic impact, with unfavorable long-term outcomes.
Antidepressants were found to be more effective with the concomitant use of nutritional supplements.
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Cognitive Alterations in a Growing Population of Cancer Survivors
- Addressing Common Nutritional Deficiencies in Autism
- Physical Activity During Midlife Influences Late Life Verbal Memory Performance
- Children With ADHD May Adapt More Poorly To Changes In Positive Reinforcement Patterns
- Functional Role of Adult-Born Neurons in Stress Vulnerability and Resilience
- Electroconvulsive Therapy Continues to Be Vital Treatment for Depression in Elderly
- Psilocybin May Provide Swift Relief From Depression, Anxiety in Cancer Patients
- Clinical Hypnosis May Be Effective for Cancer Pain, IBS, Headaches
- Methylphenidate & CBT Benefits TBI Patients with Cognitive Problems
- Expert Opinion on the Surgeon General's Report on Addiction