The DEA's plan to list kratom as a Schedule I controlled substance would make researching the possible opioid substitute much more difficult.
Dr. Roger McIntyre suggests that the clinical relevance of cognitive dysfunction for any individual patient can only be adjudicated on a case-by-case basis.
The researchers observed between-group differences between real and sham acupuncture treatment.
Studies have found only small improvements in treating depression with Omega-3s and have been of low-quality.
Patients with psychosis and addiction disorders responded moderately better to disorder-specific treatment.
Patients in coordinated care remained in treatment longer and experienced greater improvements in their symptoms, compared with standard-care patients.
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Low-Dose Dexmedetomidine Reduces Postoperative Delirium in Older Patients
- Lithium Side Effects for Bipolar Disorder Lead to Lower Prescription Rates
- First-Episode Schizophrenia Approaches Aided by Guidelines Instrument
- Predictors of Favorable Outcomes in First-Episode Psychosis Without Medication
- Patient Perception of Provider Engagement Impacts Progress