The DEA's plan to list kratom as a Schedule I controlled substance would make researching the possible opioid substitute much more difficult.
Dr. Roger McIntyre suggests that the clinical relevance of cognitive dysfunction for any individual patient can only be adjudicated on a case-by-case basis.
The researchers observed between-group differences between real and sham acupuncture treatment.
Studies have found only small improvements in treating depression with Omega-3s and have been of low-quality.
Patients with psychosis and addiction disorders responded moderately better to disorder-specific treatment.
Patients in coordinated care remained in treatment longer and experienced greater improvements in their symptoms, compared with standard-care patients.
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Cognitive Alterations in a Growing Population of Cancer Survivors
- Addressing Common Nutritional Deficiencies in Autism
- Physical Activity During Midlife Influences Late Life Verbal Memory Performance
- Children With ADHD May Adapt More Poorly To Changes In Positive Reinforcement Patterns
- Functional Role of Adult-Born Neurons in Stress Vulnerability and Resilience
- Methylphenidate & CBT Benefits TBI Patients with Cognitive Problems
- Expert Opinion on the Surgeon General's Report on Addiction
- Online Insomnia Treatment Appears Effective
- Migraine Intensity Affects Muscle Pain in Major Depressive Disorder
- Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation Provides Pain Relief Independent of Improvements in Depression