The DEA's plan to list kratom as a Schedule I controlled substance would make researching the possible opioid substitute much more difficult.
Dr. Roger McIntyre suggests that the clinical relevance of cognitive dysfunction for any individual patient can only be adjudicated on a case-by-case basis.
The researchers observed between-group differences between real and sham acupuncture treatment.
Studies have found only small improvements in treating depression with Omega-3s and have been of low-quality.
Patients with psychosis and addiction disorders responded moderately better to disorder-specific treatment.
Patients in coordinated care remained in treatment longer and experienced greater improvements in their symptoms, compared with standard-care patients.
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Bipolar Spectrum Disorder in Youth Predicted By New Risk Calculator
- Trait Anger Linked to Dangerous Behavior Among Drivers
- Newly Developed Depression Before Breast Cancer Diagnosis Can Increase Mortality Risk
- Treating Perinatal Mood Disorders: Web-Based Interventions Effective?
- Sleep Apnea Patients Inspired By Watching themselves to Continue CPAP
- Brexanolone: A Possible Novel Treatment in Severe Postpartum Depression
- Psychiatry Hospitalist Model Allows for More Patient, Family Time
- How Can Men Be Encouraged to Seek Help for Mental Health?
- Advice for Parents Whose Child Is Seeking Mental Health Treatment
- Better Outcomes With Lithium vs Quetiapine for Early Manic Episodes of Bipolar Disorder