Traumatic Brian Injury
Treatment with methylphenidate was associated with an improvement in PTSD symptoms and fewer cognitive complaints in those with TBI.
Relationship exists between the amount of padding players wore and the number of head impacts during practice.
Pseudobulbar affect, which involves uncontrollable emotional outbursts, has been reported in diseases including Alzheimer's and Parkinson's.
PTSD symptoms were the strongest predict of later disability in military personnel with mild traumatic brain injury.
A discussion of the features, treatment and prevention of traumatic brain injuries.
Veterans who have both PTSD and traumatic brain injury have worse outcomes than those who have just one condition.
A hybrid imaging technique using positron emission tomography and computed tomography could better diagnose PTSD and traumatic brain injury.
Those with injuries showed damage in brain white matter, disrupting nerve axons.
Accurate identification, assessment and evaluation of concussions will enable clinicians to determine when it is safe for young athletes to return to competition.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Link Identified Between Cured Meat and Mania in Bipolar Disorder
- First-Episode Delusional Disorder vs Schizophrenia: Assessment of Outcomes
- Early Risk Factors for Bipolar Disorder Found in Offspring of BD Parents
- Prevalence of Schizophrenia in Individuals With Type 2 Diabetes
- Daily Drinking Associated With Increased Mortality Risk
- The Opioid System: The Foundation for Social Risk and Reward
- Correctional Psychiatry: Challenges and Rewards
- Those Left Behind: Working With Suicide-Bereaved Families
- The Impact of Deafness on Hallucinations and Delusions
- Is Mandatory Reporting of Child Maltreatment in the Best Interests of the Child?
- Nutrition Tips for Physicians: Staying Healthy During Busy Days
- Mental Health Problems in Adolescents With HIV: Overview & Expert Interview
- Should Physicians Play a Role in Minimizing the Societal Cost of Medical Care?
- Digital Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Effective for Individuals With Insomnia
- How Do Medical Scribes Reduce EHR Documentation Burden for Physicians?