Generic Name and Formulations:
Labetalol HCl 100mg, 200mg; scored tabs.
Prometheus Labs, Inc.
Indications for TRANDATE:
Initially 100mg twice a day. Titrate at 2–3 day intervals in increments of 100mg twice daily. Usual maintenance: 200–400mg twice daily; max 2.4g/day.
Usual maintenance: 100–200mg twice daily.
Asthma. 2nd- or 3rd-degree AV block. Overt cardiac failure. Cardiogenic shock. Severe bradycardia, other conditions associated with prolonged or severe hypotension.
Ischemic heart disease or failure. Monitor hepatic function; discontinue at first sign of liver injury. COPD. Pheochromocytoma. Diabetes. Surgery. Avoid abrupt cessation. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Noncardioselective beta-blocker/alpha-1 blocker.
Caution with verapamil. Potentiates hypotension with nitroglycerin. May block epinephrine, β-agonist bronchodilators. Adjust antidiabetic medication. Potentiated by cimetidine. Tremor with tricyclic antidepressants. Halothane.
Dizziness, GI upset, fatigue, nasal stuffiness, ejaculation failure, headache, dyspnea, vertigo, rash, orthostatic hypotension, edema, heart failure, bronchospasm, jaundice.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Differences in Efficacy and Tolerability of ADHD Medications Across Age Groups
- Rapid Cycling Bipolar Disorder Associated With ADHD and Female Gender
- Associations Between Hypovitaminosis D and Poorer Outcomes in Schizophrenia
- Oxycontin's Maker Now Selling Drug to Curb Opioid Addiction
- Symptom Trajectories Vary According to Language Development in Autism
- Quetiapine Exposure Does Not Appear to Increase Risk for Infant Malformations
- Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors May Increase Risk for Suboptimal Fetal Growth
- Transdermal Nicotine Boosts Mood and Cognitive Function in Late-Life Depression
- Ketamine Infusions Reduce Suicidal Ideation in Depression: Characterizing Different Responses
- Prenatal Insecticide Exposure in Mother May Be Linked to Risk for Autism in Children