Generic Name and Formulations:
Linagliptin 5mg; tabs.
Boehringer Ingelheim and Lilly
Indications for TRADJENTA:
Adjunct to diet and exercise in type 2 diabetes mellitus, as monotherapy or combination therapy.
Limitations Of use:
Not for treatment of type 1 diabetes or diabetic ketoacidosis. Not studied in patients with a history of pancreatitis.
5mg once daily.
<18yrs: not established.
Consider risks/benefits in patients with known risk factors for heart failure; monitor for signs/symptoms; evaluate and consider discontinuing if develops. Monitor for signs/symptoms of pancreatitis, serious hypersensitivity reactions, severe joint pain, or bullous pemphigoid; discontinue if suspected or occurs. History of angioedema to other DPP-4 inhibitors. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Dipeptidyl peptidase-4 (DPP-4) inhibitor.
Antagonized by strong P-gp or CYP3A4 inducers (eg, rifampin); consider alternatives to linagliptin if used in combination. May need lower dose of concomitant sulfonylurea or insulin to reduce risk of hypoglycemia.
Nasopharyngitis, diarrhea, cough, hypoglycemia; hypersensitivity reactions (eg, anaphylaxis, urticaria, angioedema, exfoliative skin conditions, bronchial hyperreactivity), myalgia, pancreatitis, severe and disabling arthralgia, bullous pemphigoid.
Enterohepatic (80%), renal (5%).
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Nomophobia: The Modern-Day Pathology
- Transdermal Nicotine Boosts Mood and Cognitive Function in Late-Life Depression
- Emerging Theories in the Pathophysiology of MDD: Could the Opioid System Be Involved?
- Computerized Training Programs for Schizophrenia Improve Cognitive Functioning
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy May Alter Suicidal Ideation in Anxiety Disorders
- Antidepressant Effects of Ketamine Appear to Require Opioid System Activation
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder Increasing Among US Children and Adolescents
- Cost-Effective Telehealth Alternatives for Veterans With Depression
- Polygenic Risk Scores Could Aid in Identifying Bipolar Disorder, Schizophrenia
- Brief Impression Questionnaire Useful in Schizophrenia Diagnoses